The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Rian1988
Do you still have this link?

Yeah - For Sci & Eng.
I don't know if it will be all that relevant for you since the pre-arrival guide is primarily for internationals.

Here is another one I found for Humanities and Social Sci.

Hope this helps.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
0_YouKnowIt
Yeah, through the post at the end of this month-ish. (If your a Scottish student you register/matriculate by post).

Matriculation is just 'officially' becoming a uni student by signing paper work etc.

You also have to go and see your DoS in freshers week to prove that you've actually turned up, then they can properly confirm your matriculation status. It stays as pending until then, or some word along that sort of line! You also need to see your DoS to work out your additional subjects.

I don't think there will be any form of welcome pack once you've had all of the stuff about registering for MyEd etc, which I think the UC people have already been talking about. This may have changed but I don't remember recieving anything as it's all in your freshers week pass pack - this is full of information relating to seeing your DoS, initial meetings, selecting courses etc. So it makes sense to have one!
does the matriculation stuff just come to us through the post or do we have to request it or anything?
Yay, I finally got my unconditional firm. :biggrin:

I am happy!
chococat219
does the matriculation stuff just come to us through the post or do we have to request it or anything?

post, so make sure they have an address it will actually reach you at... some idiot a few years ago left it as their boarding school address in the UK when they lived abroad and then kept complaining that their stuff didn't arrive to their home...:rolleyes:
I just got an email today explaining it all and they said the welcome pack will be in the post shortly.
Can anyone give me some info on the EU Studies component of MEL & EU Studies? There's next to nowt on the website. Can you go to Sciences-Po in the 3rd year on that degree path? What are the courses you take? DRPS is pretty useless in explaining that.
Reply 1467
do you need to send away certificates of GCSE/AS results to the university to get an unconditional offer??
ExDeusVenitBritannia
Can anyone give me some info on the EU Studies component of MEL & EU Studies? There's next to nowt on the website. Can you go to Sciences-Po in the 3rd year on that degree path? What are the courses you take? DRPS is pretty useless in explaining that.

http://www.selc.ed.ac.uk/documents/DELC_Handbook_2008-09.pdf - ELC handbook

http://www.international.ed.ac.uk/exchanges/search.html -- where you can go with French in 3rd year. I know that Sciences Po is an option for those who take Politics or a social science as joint honours with French, as I know someone who has been there this year, but I'm not sure about if you don't take social science too as it's not on the list.
I got my Edinburgh email today. :smile:
Right, if I am living in private accommodation, is there a way to give Edinburgh my address, so any post they send me goes to my address in Edinburgh, rather than my address in the United States?
Rainfaery
Right, if I am living in private accommodation, is there a way to give Edinburgh my address, so any post they send me goes to my address in Edinburgh, rather than my address in the United States?

I think you guys have myed, right?
Well there is a tab on there which has your degree details on and then it has your contact details too. It's the "my stuff" tab. There is an email on that tab which says something like update details and it is an address for the registary - email that from your sms account and it'll update.
oxymoronic
I think you guys have myed, right?
Well there is a tab on there which has your degree details on and then it has your contact details too. It's the "my stuff" tab. There is an email on that tab which says something like update details and it is an address for the registary - email that from your sms account and it'll update.

Okay, thanks! Should I wait until leaving the US to do that, or could I tell them it`s my term-time address?

Thanks. :smile:
Rainfaery
Okay, thanks! Should I wait until leaving the US to do that, or could I tell them it`s my term-time address?

Thanks. :smile:

Put it as your term time address. I'd wait until you're actually living there though as if they send something there now you might not be able to get it. Although if your friends are already living in the flat then that's fine, and I highly doubt that they'd be posting you anything else anyway.
oxymoronic
Put it as your term time address. I'd wait until you're actually living there though as if they send something there now you might not be able to get it. Although if your friends are already living in the flat then that's fine, and I highly doubt that they'd be posting you anything else anyway.

Yeah, my friends are already in the flat, so if Edinburgh do send something, they would get it for me. I suppose I`ll wait just in case, though, as I don`t want something important that I need going to Edinburgh before I get there.
Reply 1475
Rian1988
I just got an email today explaining it all and they said the welcome pack will be in the post shortly.

hey i just got my welcome pack in the post as well as a letter for the student id card, thus they must be sending them all out now for UF's :smile:
mr oizo.
hey i just got my welcome pack in the post as well as a letter for the student id card, thus they must be sending them all out now for UF's :smile:

I got my welcome pack too, but not my ID card though.
Reply 1477
Rian1988
I got my welcome pack too, but not my ID card though.

the ID letter thing they give you two weeks to send back with a passport photo and you get the card freshers week with your accommodation keys :smile:
mr oizo.
the ID letter thing they give you two weeks to send back with a passport photo and you get the card freshers week with your accommodation keys :smile:

Oh that's ok I got that a while ago.
Just curious: how hard would it be to get a job at Tesco or Sainbury's or the like, especially if you have no previous work experience?

Actually, come to think of it, how hard is it to get any job with no previous work experience?

Latest

Trending

Trending