The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't think race plays an important part in this documentary.

Both say irritating things but once you start thinking of how they were brought up, it's possible to understand why they do it. Neither of them gets on my nerves, to be honest. Alice does say stupid things but I think she realizes that was due to "pure ignorance" as she says. It's all about perspective, for both of them.

Very interesting documentary.
Reply 61
Deyn_08
i would be beaten + cussed out + kicked out of the house.

:rofl: :toofunny:
Reply 62
i'd get put in coma me

:rofl:
Reply 63
Deyn_08
Stupid stereotypes
why'd they get people who fit in the stereotypes
Couldn't they get different people

Because then they couldn't make a TV show saying, "ZOMG, look how different rich and poor people are!!!!1ione1!"
Reply 64
02mik_e
:rofl: how can you call your mum a bitch? I would get a nice slap :frown:

I WOULDN'T LIVE TO TELL THE TALE.... :yep:

I see that you are from South East London, and Sydenham to be exact..... GO YOU! I live near there... and go to school near there.... :biggrin:
Reply 65
That bodge bit of hair on the side of the rich girls head was so annoying.
Rich kid: I couldn't care less if the chavs died

WTF :s-smilie:

Both are completely not the norm.. obviously picked outside the average cross-section of society just for TV

Both i found to be quite pathetic really.
Reply 67
BJack
Because then they couldn't make a TV show saying, "ZOMG, look how different rich and poor people are!!!!1ione1!"

i mean different as in don't conform to typical stereotypes.
Reply 68
Waiting.
That bodge bit of hair on the side of the rich girls head was so annoying.

oh my god that was annoying me too. obviously wealth doesnt equate to being able to straighten your hair properly.

But overall they were both annoying, the rich girl more so than the poor. i felt sorry for the poor girl as her life looked tough to say the least. But the rich girl :shifty:
It was...interesting. As an ex-private school girl (on a full scholarship) I have met people like Alice, also wealthy people at my comprehensive that share her views. It's not as uncommon as everyone's saying it is, or at least I don't think so.
I thought Natalie (the poor one) came off much better - clearly having to deal with huge hardships, yet is courageous enough to look after her brother so well. She also said more profound things, the state/education system has clearly failed her terribly.

The 'rich kid' partly redeemed herself at the end, her mum is the problem, clearly a complete bitch.
Reply 71
was the rich kid really rich? looked abit middle class to me haha
Reply 72
woofums
oh my god that was annoying me too. obviouslywealth doesnt equate to being able to straighten your hair properly.
:

:rofl2: :hahaha:
I thought in the end, they both looked OK. The rich one looked like a total idiot, but she was man enough to admit at the end that yes, she did have the wrong views at the beginning. I thought the show was quite good, although I only watched bits of it.
i think if my dad had been shot, my mum got depressed, my family had no money and my brother slept on the floor, id be a bit angry at life.

the rich one "they can all die for i care" and "i couldnt bear sending my kids to state school" was hugely irritating, more than i can put into words, and i dont think her 'redemption' at the end was genuine, at all.

that natalie went into her house and was like, oh your kitchen and garden are lovely...and alices parents ignore her and follow her about so she doesnt steal anything?
Reply 75
Juggy123
was the rich kid really rich? looked abit middle class to me haha

Depends what you class as rich lol!

Everyone in this country is rich compared to some ethiopian peasant! lol!

So relatively, I think the rich girl was rich in comparison to the poor one.
02mik_e
:rofl: how can you call your mum a bitch? I would get a nice slap :frown:

I think it was tongue in cheek, the mum was taking the piss a bit.
Reply 77
fisherman
I thought in the end, they both looked OK. The rich one looked like a total idiot, but she was man enough to admit at the end that yes, she did have the wrong views at the beginning. I thought the show was quite good, although I only watched bits of it.

i thought she was a girl?:hmmmm2:
I like the rich girl O.o
The rich one was a fantastic ambassador for the Tories...

Latest