The Student Room Group

missed the enrolment deadline at uni!!

My parents are fully in charge of sorting my student finance out and they assured me that they'd sort it out, until they sort the student finance out i stay 'temporarily enroled' at uni. they've been big time lazy, and now ive been unenroled from uni (the final enrolement date was 7th nov).

ive been attending my seminars/lectures, until i woke up one warning and realised i was no longer registered at uni.

what options have i got/has anyone been in this situation before? my mates keep telling me not to worry, but what do they know.

edit: ive tried to ring the enrolment office 3 or 4 times in the last two days but no ones picked up, i have to wait till monday now to know my fate!
Reply 1
cool
Reply 2
Have a word with someone in the finance office at uni.

I'd advise taking care of these things yourself. It's part of growing up
Reply 3
deanot88

I'd advise taking care of these things yourself. It's part of growing up

QFT, couldn't have said it better myself. OP going to uni is about gaining independence, you can't blame your parents for something you should have done. Whatever happens now, you are to blame. Just ring the finance/enrolment office on monday.
Reply 4
now that we've got the growing up and parents thing out of the way, lets get down to business.

what options does my person have?
Explain it to the university, the *should* understand the situation. As others have said, take control of this yourself and if your parents need any excuse for you taking control of your own life, use this mishap as proof.
Reply 6
Your parents failed to sort out your life for you, so now you want us to do it?

Why not get that brain cell into gear and speak to someone at the uni. Surely you can figure out one person/department at your university who you might need to ask?
Reply 7
sorry, i shouldn't even have posted this. i forgot how up their own arses/uptight people are on here.

thanks anyway for no useful advice what so god damned ever.

ps. i did my section of the form myself, the parents do their own sections and send the forms of (which is what i was talking about)
Reply 8
Er, are you trolling? How can you be un-enroled from uni due to student finance stuff? And ive a feeling the unis opinion on the matter is that you should've been handling it yourself anyway aswell..
waji
sorry, i shouldn't even have posted this. i forgot how up their own arses/uptight people are on here.

thanks anyway for no useful advice what so god damned ever.

ps. i did my section of the form myself, the parents do their own sections and send the forms of (which is what i was talking about)

This part I actually did on behalf of my parents as they don't really understand how it all works that well. All my parents had to do was sign the forms and that was it.

Tbh - you should have really chased your parents up on it, rather than just sitting back and waiting for them to do it; parents have other things to do and do tend to forget, therefore prompting may have helped . . .

Best thing you can do instead of waiting for someone to pick up the phone, maybe going to your Uni finance department and actually talk with someone face to face? . . its a hell of a lot quicker. I know at my uni, late registration and module changes and etc, incurs charges! . . .
waji
My parents are fully in charge of sorting my student finance out and they assured me that they'd sort it out, until they sort the student finance out i stay 'temporarily enroled' at uni. they've been big time lazy, and now ive been unenroled from uni (the final enrolement date was 7th nov).

ive been attending my seminars/lectures, until i woke up one warning and realised i was no longer registered at uni.

what options have i got/has anyone been in this situation before? my mates keep telling me not to worry, but what do they know.

edit: ive tried to ring the enrolment office 3 or 4 times in the last two days but no ones picked up, i have to wait till monday now to know my fate!

um wtf. Why have they been doing it for you (no offence if your disabled or anything/cant enrol for whatever reason) but why?

Latest

Trending

Trending