The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

No communication from Durham Uni still.

Hi, does anyone know what the next steps are and how long does it take for Durham to send further emails regarding enrolment, college allocation after clearing place accepted on UCAS? My son hasn’t heard anything since. He will try to call the Uni later and find out, if he can get through.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, does anyone know what the next steps are and how long does it take for Durham to send further emails regarding enrolment, college allocation after clearing place accepted on UCAS? My son hasn’t heard anything since. He will try to call the Uni later and find out, if he can get through.

it’s going to take them as much as they want (fairly sure they have a deadline to respect but I don’t know about it)…communication is not the best before enrolling. I’d suggest checking spam emails etc
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2

We still haven't heard anything after accepting Durham as first choice and having been allocated temporary accommodation back in July. Have tried to contact them this morning and auto reply says they are under pressure due to strikes
I believe they are saying they will have responded to everyone by 6th September. Those who got confirmed places without going into clearing will have heard first.

Hi, I've also got into Durham through clearing. I've got a college provisionally allocated to me and a welcome email from my department today after receiving a formal offer through UCAS on Monday. I would definitely try to call and ask if this is the case.
Reply 5
Hi, I've also got into Durham through clearing. I've got a college provisionally allocated to me and a welcome email from my department today after receiving a formal offer through UCAS on Monday. I would definitely try to call and ask if this is the case.

That’s wonderful to hear. Thank you for your reply. Hope you will have a great time at Durham. Good luck and all the best wishes with your study xx
Reply 6
I believe they are saying they will have responded to everyone by 6th September. Those who got confirmed places without going into clearing will have heard first.

Thank you. I didn’t know there’s a deadline for the Uni to respond to all offer holders.

Quick Reply

Latest