The Student Room Group

Change or circumstances Student finance - London Meteopolitan University

So, I submitted a change of circumstances two weeks ago to student finance (university and course changed).
My application is still on process, university though informed that deadline for enrolment is 2nd February. Although I am provisionally enrolled for 8 weeks until sfe ceas with my application (from unis email information) they emailed me that I need to deal with the payments myself as sfe told them I’m not getting funding for tuition fees. I wrote them and they told me to keep them updated. I don’t understand what is happening. By looking at current timescales from sfe I should get an answer this week but I don’t know. I don’t want to have any issues with uni or sfe. For sure I can’t pay fees myself, my account is in overdraft right now 🥺. How long it will take for them to reply back to me? They had all my details and information as I had already receiving last year but when I finished my course I decided to change uni and course (I was doing a foundation year and I passed it successfully).
And why Met told me all these things when they was the ones who said that I’m enrolled for 8 weeks provisionally. I’m a missing something here?
I would have asked in person today as it was induction day but unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend as my child was seek and stayed off school and now I’m so worried.
Hi Demi959,

Are you just looking for the SFE timescale for a change of circumstances form?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Demi959,

Thanks,
Calum

No, I don’t need it. I have already completed change of circumstances.
Reply 3
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Demi959,

Thanks,
Calum

Sorry, misread the message (still sleeping lol), yes I want to know the change of circumstances timescale and when roughly should I wait for a reply.
Original post by Demi959
Sorry, misread the message (still sleeping lol), yes I want to know the change of circumstances timescale and when roughly should I wait for a reply.

Hi Demi,

Have you applied as a UK national, Migrant Worker or EU national? Do you have any child dependents on your application?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 5
Original post by Drew SLC

Hi Demi,

Have you applied as a UK national, Migrant Worker or EU national? Do you have any child dependents on your application?

Thanks, Drew

I’m an EU national with settled status, yes I do have children.
Original post by Demi959
I’m an EU national with settled status, yes I do have children.

Hi Demi,

It is taking approximately 24 working days to process a Change of Circumstances. If it was only received 2 weeks ago it would still be within this timeframe to be reviewed.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 7
Original post by Drew SLC

Hi Demi,

It is taking approximately 24 working days to process a Change of Circumstances. If it was only received 2 weeks ago it would still be within this timeframe to be reviewed.

Thanks, Drew

Ok, got it so I’m assuming I will get update by end of January- beginning February.
But why on my account it shows that next update will be 11 July-16 July. And also I have uploaded all supporting evidence for the kids but it still shows me that I have actions to complete
Hi Demi959,

You can ignore this timescale on your online account as there are occasionally errors with the timescale pulling through. It will show that you still have actions to complete until this evidence is reviewed by an assessor.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending