The Student Room Group

What to do after alevel results day?

So on results day if we do get the grades that we need do we have to accept the offer for the uni as soon as we receive the results? And if we do not get the results do we have to call the unis for clearing as soon as possible?
Original post by Cloudster
So on results day if we do get the grades that we need do we have to accept the offer for the uni as soon as we receive the results? And if we do not get the results do we have to call the unis for clearing as soon as possible?

If your place is confirmed you don’t need to accept the offer again. You just need to complete the enrolment process at the university.

Clearing is generally first come first served, but there’s no rush to accept the first offer you get as you cannot submit yourself to a uni that gave you a clearing offer after 1pm on results day. Use your time to collect as many offers as you can, and note how long they are valid for.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
If your place is confirmed you don’t need to accept the offer again. You just need to complete the enrolment process at the university.

Clearing is generally first come first served, but there’s no rush to accept the first offer you get as you cannot submit yourself to a uni that gave you a clearing offer after 1pm on results day. Use your time to collect as many offers as you can, and note how long they are valid for.

To complete the enrolment do I have to do it as soon as possible? Also if I have a unconditional offer for my insurance choice do I have to accept that offer if I don’t get the grades I need for my first choice?
Yes usually working a short amount of time for the enrolment process and no u don’t have to accept that offer necessarily u can decline and go through clearing
Original post by Cloudster
To complete the enrolment do I have to do it as soon as possible? Also if I have an unconditional offer for my insurance choice do I have to accept that offer if I don’t get the grades I need for my first choice?

No, you’ll usually be told the timescale to enrol. There is no rush or risk of losing your place so long as you do it by the given deadline.

Also no to the insurance question. You don’t need to accept it if your firm rejects you. Just enrol as normal. Nothing via UCAS.

Nb. Your firm might still accept you regardless of whether you meet their offer.
Just to add that the only circumstances in which you'd need to accept a second time via UCAS is if either your Firm or Insurance choice offered you an alternative course.
Reply 7

Original post by Admit-One
Just to add that the only circumstances in which you'd need to accept a second time via UCAS is if either your Firm or Insurance choice offered you an alternative course.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending