The Student Room Group

Can I do an Animal Management degree?

I am in year 13 sitting A Levels this year in Humanities and Social Science subjects. However recently I have had a change of heart, and now I really want to pursue an animal related degree - I have been looking at unis such as Writtle, and am interested in Animal Management, Behaviour etc. How would I go about this? Would I have to do a BTEC first or a foundation degree with no animal experience?

Thank you
Original post by mariavh
I am in year 13 sitting A Levels this year in Humanities and Social Science subjects. However recently I have had a change of heart, and now I really want to pursue an animal related degree - I have been looking at unis such as Writtle, and am interested in Animal Management, Behaviour etc. How would I go about this? Would I have to do a BTEC first or a foundation degree with no animal experience?

Thank you

Have a look at the entry requirements for the courses/unis. They will tell you if they want an A Level or BTEC in a certain subject to get onto the course. For Writtle (BSc Animal Management), they say "96 UCAS tariff points, to include one GCE A level grade C or above" meaning they don't care what subjects you do as long as you get a Grade C or above in an A Level. However, this may vary based on the university. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Iosifina05
Have a look at the entry requirements for the courses/unis. They will tell you if they want an A Level or BTEC in a certain subject to get onto the course. For Writtle (BSc Animal Management), they say "96 UCAS tariff points, to include one GCE A level grade C or above" meaning they don't care what subjects you do as long as you get a Grade C or above in an A Level. However, this may vary based on the university. Best of luck :smile:

That's great thank you :smile:
I would say a A-Level, T-Level or BTEC in Animal Care would be the best place to start, possibly at Level 2 in BTEC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending