The Student Room Group

jobs after biomed

what jobs can i get that are related to life science and are out of the labs. Any people have experiences?
Original post by joker 202212
what jobs can i get that are related to life science and are out of the labs. Any people have experiences?

I don't have personal experience in this area, but I have done quite a bit of research in the careers.

Anything related to life sciences usually require specific degrees (a general degree in life science wouldn't be sufficient). If you want something that specifically is in healthcare, you need to take the extra step and check if it's accredited by specific professional bodies. The exceptions that I could think of include anything in bioinformatics and biological mathematics, which are asking for quantitative degrees.

You can try to get into something related to environmental sciences and ecology with the biomed degree alone, but you might be stretching it a bit.

Specific healthcare roles that don't involve labs can include:

Nursing

Medicine

Nutritionist advice

Dieticians

Biochemist

Audiologist

Mental Health Practitioner

Counsellor or therapist

Chiropractor

Anything in dental

Opticians

Pharmacist

Psychologist

Radiography

Sonographer

Something in sports

For roles outside of healthcare:

Naturalist/ecologist

Agricultural inspection

Something in conservation

Countryside management

Therapist

Possibly zoologist

Animal management

Vetinary roles

Do you have anything particular in mind?
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
I don't have personal experience in this area, but I have done quite a bit of research in the careers.

Anything related to life sciences usually require specific degrees (a general degree in life science wouldn't be sufficient). If you want something that specifically is in healthcare, you need to take the extra step and check if it's accredited by specific professional bodies. The exceptions that I could think of include anything in bioinformatics and biological mathematics, which are asking for quantitative degrees.

You can try to get into something related to environmental sciences and ecology with the biomed degree alone, but you might be stretching it a bit.

Specific healthcare roles that don't involve labs can include:

Nursing

Medicine

Nutritionist advice

Dieticians

Biochemist

Audiologist

Mental Health Practitioner

Counsellor or therapist

Chiropractor

Anything in dental

Opticians

Pharmacist

Psychologist

Radiography

Sonographer

Something in sports

For roles outside of healthcare:

Naturalist/ecologist

Agricultural inspection

Something in conservation

Countryside management

Therapist

Possibly zoologist

Animal management

Vetinary roles

Do you have anything particular in mind?

I'm about to graduate next year in biomed and i want to move into like a office based jobs. I've seen jobs like account executive for life science roles but i don't know what other roles there are. Im non accredited.
I'm about to graduate next year in biomed and i want to move into like a office based jobs. I've seen jobs like account executive for life science roles but i don't know what other roles there are. Im non accredited.

You could apply to most graduate schemes if you don't want to stay in the biomed field. If you do want to work in a related field, consider roles such as medical science reps, working in marketing for a pharmaceutical company, science writer/editor, etc.

If you want any office based roles, then there are plenty outside of life sciences that you can do without so with pretty much any degree e.g. accounting, marketing, most government services/civil service, law, HR, etc.

If you want something within the scope of life sciences, consider the following:

Nutritionist advice

Dieticians

Biochemist

Office based roles with the NHS i.e. admin staff

Office based roles in life science based chairities e.g. Cancer Research

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending