The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if theres not much between them in terms of acadamia, visit the towns, see which one youd most like to live in for the next 3 years
Reply 2
yeh i would do but i'm an international student so i can't
Reply 3
ok, erm, look on the websites and see which extra features your interested in, are there modules at one of the unis that your interested in and are not available at the other, try and find out additional things about the city, i live in leicester and theyve just opened a new multimillion pound shopping centre. if your into shopping, this may appeal to you, check out sport facilities and stuff ...
Reply 4
ok thanks for ur help if anyone else knows anything about the uni's write back
Reply 5
You may want to take into account that Leicester is pretty much always in Clearing for Economics and often take far below their A-Level requirements.
Reply 6
I started this year as at Sussex, I was there for about a month and I loved it. Amazing surroundings.The campus is awesome, brightons alot cheaper than i expected, East slope is awesome, if you do go to sussex 100% stay here. and everyone there is really laid back. On the other hand I changed courses about 5 times and didnt like any of the teaching there...most people liked there course though. After trying so many courses I took a chance on transfering to leicester and it paid off. I really miss my flatmates down south but Leicester is a wickid Uni and place to live, its alot more gritty than the south, but its cheap, loadsa good places to go out, the teaching and social organisation of the SU is really good and has way more sports events. Theres more alternative music, open mic nights and stuff in brighton which was good, its alot more unique than most unis...but with that you get 100s of people trying there hardest to be a hippy and competing with each other over whos the most ****** on whatever drug is in that week. Sussex had alot more Flat partys going on than leicester does, but then theres alot more organised events/uni club nights in leicester, depends what your into but i loved them both. If i were you, if you like them both, id choose it on accesibility to your home/current friends, im only about an hour from home now im in leicester which while i was at school i thought id hate, but now im lapping it up! Both unis are really easy to fit into and theres a good mix of people. Good luck, Enjoy!
Reply 7
Ill give my views on Sussex:

1. Nice, cosey campus - the buildings aren't too nice to look at (60's build) but I didn't really find that to be a problem and it is surrounded by fields.
2. A fairly inactive students union so I hear - not loads of societies like there are at other unis.
3. About 10 mins from Brighton by train - so you could argue it is a bit cut off - but in many respects that is a good thing.
4. 1st year accom looks good - 2nd/3rd year you are in Brighton so you will have to catch the train to uni each day - so I hear.

Do loads of research, academically there isn't much difference between leicester and Sussex...

Latest

Trending

Trending