The Student Room Group

ACA qualification - What can I do in the future?

Hi,
I have recently been offered a school leaver role position at Grant Thornton for public sector audit where I will attain the ACA qualification upon completion. Until now, I have been sort of inclined towards law, however I was wondering what sort of career progression ACA offered. Would I be restricted to finance, instead of a degree which would allow me to apply to a wide range of roles? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by toxicgamage56
Hi,
I have recently been offered a school leaver role position at Grant Thornton for public sector audit where I will attain the ACA qualification upon completion. Until now, I have been sort of inclined towards law, however I was wondering what sort of career progression ACA offered. Would I be restricted to finance, instead of a degree which would allow me to apply to a wide range of roles? Thanks.

This is kinda old and wanted to know what you found!
Reply 2
The ACA gives you all sorts of options in life. Lots of people with ACAs end up working at financial controllers, in trading, in research and running their own businesses in all sorts of fields.

It won't give you professional flexibility - if you do the ACA without obtaining a degree then I don't think you could even do the law conversion courses whcih usually take a year (though I could be wrong)...that would mean a 3 year degree to become a lawyer if that was your dream.
Reply 3
Original post by LesleyF
The ACA gives you all sorts of options in life. Lots of people with ACAs end up working at financial controllers, in trading, in research and running their own businesses in all sorts of fields.

It won't give you professional flexibility - if you do the ACA without obtaining a degree then I don't think you could even do the law conversion courses whcih usually take a year (though I could be wrong)...that would mean a 3 year degree to become a lawyer if that was your dream.

Im planning on doing finance/ auditing apprenticeship, so ACA kind of makes sense! Yhhh I'm not really interested in law and other fields around that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending