The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex Official Q&A Thread

Welcome to our official Essex chat thread. Ask any question you need to be answered here, chat with other Essex applicants or just learn more about Essex in general 😊

A few questions to get things started:

What course are you applying for?

What do you want to know about Essex?

Where else are you applying to?

Do you have any questions about our accommodation?

We also have an official account for Essex Student Reps, so tag @EssexStudentRep for any student experience-related questions you have.

Feel free to ask us about our courses and entry requirements, our campuses in Colchester and Southend, our accommodation options, the student experience at Essex or anything else!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Morgan & Angela (Official Essex Reps)
Reply 1
Hello everyone,
I have applied for MSc Speech and Therapy postgraduate and I have an interview in a couple of days.
I am excited yet nervous if anyone has already had the interview can you give me any advice? That would be lovely.

Arieal
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Arieal
Hello everyone,
I have applied for MSc Speech and Therapy postgraduate and I have an interview in a couple of days.
I am excited yet nervous if anyone has already had the interview can you give me any advice? That would be lovely.

Arieal

Hey @Arieal,

Good luck for your interview, hope it goes well for you! 🤞

I'm studying a different course so can't give you much specific advice but have you checked out the Official Speech and Language Therapy forum yet? You might find other students in a similar position or those that have had their interviews already that could offer you some tips:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7262252

The best advice I could give would be to try and enjoy the experience as much as possible, relax and smile and bring your answers back round to why you want to study this course. The interviewer would be looking to see that you are passionate about the subject and that you are able to answer questions to the point without rambling too much!

Best of luck
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 3
Thank you, Hayley
I appreicate the response and the encouragement.

:smile:
Original post by Arieal
Thank you, Hayley
I appreicate the response and the encouragement.

:smile:

You're welcome! If you've got any questions about campus life, let me know :smile:
Best wishes
Reply 5
Original post by EssexStudentRep
You're welcome! If you've got any questions about campus life, let me know :smile:
Best wishes

Hello Hayley,
I have a question or if anyone else know how it works when getting on the waiting list?
University of Essex couldn't give me an offer so I am now on the waitlist.
What is the process? or any? Is it only for this school school 23/24.
Thank you,
Arieal
Original post by Arieal
Hello Hayley,
I have a question or if anyone else know how it works when getting on the waiting list?
University of Essex couldn't give me an offer so I am now on the waitlist.
What is the process? or any? Is it only for this school school 23/24.
Thank you,
Arieal

Hey @Arieal

Sorry to hear you didn't get an offer this time :frown: I don't know much about the admissions process for Master's applicants unfortunately, but if you email the post grad department they should be able to answer all your questions about waitlisting or direct you to the best person who can :smile:
[email protected]

Best wishes
Reply 7
Hey @Arieal

Sorry to hear you didn't get an offer this time :frown: I don't know much about the admissions process for Master's applicants unfortunately, but if you email the post grad department they should be able to answer all your questions about waitlisting or direct you to the best person who can :smile:
[email protected]

Best wishes

Hey Hayley,
I'll take the waitlist over a rejection so I am not sad at all. I just don't know about the wait and since I am not from England the process seems a bit unstable. I will contact them. Thank you for your reply.

Arieal
Reply 8
Best wishes

Hi there ,do you know if anyone got an offer after the interiew or they wait for the 18th of may?
Original post by rafaela60
Hi there ,do you know if anyone got an offer after the interiew or they wait for the 18th of may?

Hey @rafaela60

As far as I know they wait until all interviews have been completed before contacting applicants to keep things fair. You've got a week to go until the 18th May deadline so I wish you the very best of luck and I hope you find out soon!

Best wishes
Reply 10
Hi there
Thanks for your response :smile:
And thanks for your wishes :smile:
Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Welcome to our official Essex chat thread. Ask any question you need to be answered here, chat with other Essex applicants or just learn more about Essex in general 😊
A few questions to get things started:

What course are you applying for?

What do you want to know about Essex?

Where else are you applying to?

Do you have any questions about our accommodation?

We also have an official account for Essex Student Reps, so tag @EssexStudentRep for any student experience-related questions you have.
Feel free to ask us about our courses and entry requirements, our campuses in Colchester and Southend, our accommodation options, the student experience at Essex or anything else!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Morgan & Angela (Official Essex Reps)

I put Essex as my firm choice for Biochemistry because I really liked the vibe of the Uni, and they had a lot of benefits compared to the others (Surrey, Aston & QMUL [ the last being my insurance despite it being my highest offer]). I really like the sports opportunities and facilities @Essex and I wanted to know; are you able to join multiple sports teams? I love football but wanted to join Tennis, American Football and Basketball.
Original post by aaroninho
I put Essex as my firm choice for Biochemistry because I really liked the vibe of the Uni, and they had a lot of benefits compared to the others (Surrey, Aston & QMUL [ the last being my insurance despite it being my highest offer]). I really like the sports opportunities and facilities @Essex and I wanted to know; are you able to join multiple sports teams? I love football but wanted to join Tennis, American Football and Basketball.

Hello @aaroninho!

That is fantastic to hear that you have made us your firm choice!! 😁😁

In answer to your question, of course you can join as many sports teams and societies as you want! However, some clubs and teams can be take up more of your time, such as training and game days, and it will depend if different clubs train at the same time. Time-management is also very important university and its always good to not over-do yourself!

Take time to explore our different clubs and see what ones you like best! You can check out all our Essex Blades sports webpage here, and see our list of sport clubs here! ⚽🏈🎾🎖🏆😁

Essex Official Rep - Morgan
Experience Essex Online
If you want to discover what it's like to be an Essex student, join us virtually to learn more about studying at Essex and find out more ahead of joining us in October.
There will also be the chance to meet your regional representatives as well as current students, to find out what life at Essex is like. We will be hosting webinars on the following date:

Tuesday 23 April 2024 - listen to a variety of general talks covering topics such as finance, employability and applying to Essex

To sign-up check out our 'Virtual Open Day' webpage and click on the relevant webinar link! If you have any questions please do let ask them! 😁🎓📚📱

Essex Official Rep - Morgan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending