The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Uni of essex

Did anyone go to the University of Essex offer holder day? If so how was it and is it worth travelling 4 hrs to attend it?
Original post by ashhhhhyyyyyyyyy
Did anyone go to the University of Essex offer holder day? If so how was it and is it worth travelling 4 hrs to attend it?
Hiya 👋

I'm a student Ambassador and I usually work at most of the open days and offer holder days. Which degree have you applied for?

The offer holder days are split into 2 parts: you have your welcome talk and department activities in the morning, and in the afternoon 'experience essex' you get the chance to see more of the campus, some of the SU clubs and societies, and we give tours of the campus and accommodations throughout the afternoon. You should get a copy of the timetable of talks etc that are on for the day when you sign up to attend.

The morning department sessions are run by department academics so you can actually talk to your future lecturers if you have any questions at all. There's normally a few of us ambassadors at each of these sessions that study within that department so you can talk to current students about their experiences as well. I helped out the life sciences department and I'm a biomed student on my placement year so I was wandering about the lab chatting to people.

If you haven't visited for an open day before, then definitely stick around for the afternoon so you can go on a tour. We hold our open days during weekends and holidays, so it is quieter on campus than it would be during the week when it's full of students.

We do weekly campus tours through the year normally on Wednesdays and Fridays if you want to see what campus life is really like during a typical busy uni day, but of course that's a long way to travel for just an hour!

Don't forget that the uni offers a travel bursary reimbursement for offer holder days of up to £150 towards your travel costs (including you and one other person), whether that's for mileage, train or bus fare, even flights!

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending