University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Anyone going to University of Essex ?

Let’s break the ice !?
Original post by christiana205
Let’s break the ice !?

Hiya 👋

What are you going to be studying? I'm a second year biomed going into my placement year so let me know if you've got any questions about life at Essex!

Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hiya 👋

What are you going to be studying? I'm a second year biomed going into my placement year so let me know if you've got any questions about life at Essex!

I’m going to study mathematics! Thank you very much. I will let you know I have any questions :smile:
I’m going to study mathematics! Thank you very much. I will let you know I have any questions :smile:

Thats great to hear!! We are excited to have you join! 😎🎓

We are here to help so do let us know if you need anythinggg!!

Essex Official Rep - Morgan X
Reply 4

Hi 👋. I will be studying math too. What accommodation block you staying in?🙂
Im going to be attending this fall. Im an incoming postgrad international student from the USA. I will be studying Public Policy
Original post by DylanIreland
Im going to be attending this fall. Im an incoming postgrad international student from the USA. I will be studying Public Policy

Hey @DylanIreland 👋

Welcome! Are you going to be staying on or off campus? Be sure to get involved with welcome week and fresher's fair so you can get the most out of the experience here with us 😊

Best wishes
Hey @DylanIreland 👋

Welcome! Are you going to be staying on or off campus? Be sure to get involved with welcome week and fresher's fair so you can get the most out of the experience here with us 😊

Best wishes

I will be staying on Campus at the Matthew Quays. I will be arriving on September 30th.
Hello

Is anyone travelling from Dubai to Essex Colchester by end of Sep.

Please reply lets connect

Thanks
Reply 9
Let’s break the ice !?

Yes , i wil be there around first week of JAN
Original post by pranj9945
Yes , i wil be there around first week of JAN

That's great!!

What will you be studying with us?🎓😁

Essex Official Rep - Morgan!
Reply 11
I've applied for Actuarial Science today but I've not yet managed to look around the campus.

Edit: I just received a conditional offer 😃
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Jieay20
I've applied for Actuarial Science today but I've not yet managed to look around the campus.

Edit: I just received a conditional offer 😃

Hey @Jieay20 👋

Congrats on your conditional offer! Is that for the BSc or MSc?

Do you live close enough to visit on an open day? Our next mini open day is on Saturday 25th November: https://www.essex.ac.uk/visit-us/open-days

If you just wanted to come down and check out the campus, we run guided tours every Wednesday and Friday at 12pm. Just get yourself booked in and you can meet with a member of the student ambassador team who will show you around: https://www.essex.ac.uk/visit-us/campus-tours

We've got a virtual tour as well that you can pan around the campus to see what it looks like: https://www1.essex.ac.uk/virtual-tours/colchester/

Best wishes
Reply 13
Hey @Jieay20 👋

Congrats on your conditional offer! Is that for the BSc or MSc?

Do you live close enough to visit on an open day? Our next mini open day is on Saturday 25th November: https://www.essex.ac.uk/visit-us/open-days

If you just wanted to come down and check out the campus, we run guided tours every Wednesday and Friday at 12pm. Just get yourself booked in and you can meet with a member of the student ambassador team who will show you around: https://www.essex.ac.uk/visit-us/campus-tours

We've got a virtual tour as well that you can pan around the campus to see what it looks like: https://www1.essex.ac.uk/virtual-tours/colchester/

Best wishes

Hi, thanks for the reply!

My offer is for the BSc. Unfortunately I live 2-3 hours away so I might be able to make it to one of the mini open days and it would be great to get a tour of the campus!

I've watched some of the video tours online of the campus and the accommodation and the facilities look great! I'll definitely come down for the applicant open day to experience the university in person, if I can't come to one of the other open days. 🙂
Original post by Jieay20

My offer is for the BSc. Unfortunately I live 2-3 hours away so I might be able to make it to one of the mini open days and it would be great to get a tour of the campus!

I've watched some of the video tours online of the campus and the accommodation and the facilities look great! I'll definitely come down for the applicant open day to experience the university in person, if I can't come to one of the other open days. 🙂

I'm giving a student life talk at the mini open day on the 25th 😊

The next applicant days start from February. We do tours on all the open days and applicant days and they usually have some accommodation open so you can see a couple rooms as well.

It's great being on such a big campus as there's so much accommodation within walking distance of your lectures, everything is all in the same place. You get a silver gym membership included in your rent and all your bills and WiFi are included if you live on campus.

We've got a fantastic student union as well and loads of SU clubs and societies. We've even got 2 student-run bars and a nightclub on site so it's a fun and safe atmosphere. The library and the student centre are open 24/7 which I like especially as I tend to study later in the evenings.

Best wishes
Original post by Jieay20

Hey @Jieay20

Congratulations on getting an offer to study at Essex! I hope that you are able to visit for an open day/applicant day - they are lots of fun! 🎓

Have you got any ideas about what accommodation you would like to stay in? I lived in The Copse for my first year, so if you have any questions about The Copse specifically or living on campus in general, please let me know. 😊

All the best,

Essex Student Rep - Aimée 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending