The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial physics admissions test past paper

Hi, Im trying to find a copy of last year's paper for the physics admissions test for Imperial College London Physics undergrad, but it looks like Imperial have tried very hard to make sure everyone forgets the dumpster fire of an online test last year's was. does anyone have a list of the questions or screenshots of last year's test?

Scroll to see replies

What happened last year? I'm also going to take it this year and i'm looking for the past paper as well.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
If anyone finds the papers please reply, there is almost zero online source material on imperials website
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What happened last year? I'm also going to take it this year and i'm looking for the past paper as well.

Basically the test didnt work. Everyone had to do the test starting at 10am and so everyone had trouble getting onto the test. Even those who got on had to wait for ages as the images of the formulae for the questions downloaded. They reopened the test in the afternoon for people who hadn't been able to get on in the morning, but a few days later they emailed everyone saying that the test would be disregarded and places would be handed out "based on a holistic assessment of individual applications solely" (quote from email). Honestly I wasnt surprised they didn't release the past paper, but it would've been nice of them to at least update the practice questions.
Hi. I have applied for undergrad physics degree at Imperial and the link to an online admission test register was supposed to be sent out by the end of January. It’s the last day of Jan, so I was wondering if I am the only one who didn’t get it?
Original post by Maximus2005
Hi. I have applied for undergrad physics degree at Imperial and the link to an online admission test register was supposed to be sent out by the end of January. It’s the last day of Jan, so I was wondering if I am the only one who didn’t get it?

Hi, I've applied for physics at imperial too and I still haven't got an email, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything yet.
I think I'm going to email admissions tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything
Original post by lilyp123
Hi, I've applied for physics at imperial too and I still haven't got an email, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything yet.
I think I'm going to email admissions tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything

yes I plan to do the same and send an email tomorrow. Although there is very little prep material, they do say on the website that the coverage is high school Physics and Mathematics so I just plan to go through A2 past papers to refresh my memory, but don't know what else to do atm
Yes me too! Is it okay if we keep in touch and share the info? As we both have the same goals I suppose :smile:

Yes me too! Is it okay if we keep in touch and share the info? As we both have the same goals I suppose :smile:

Yeah sure :smile:
I received my link about 2 hours ago
I received my link about 2 hours ago

I received mine as well
I still haven't heard anything back from Imperial physics. Should I email them?
Original post by kevinzk
I still haven't heard anything back from Imperial physics. Should I email them?

I still haven't heard anything either. I think since some people have got an email I'm going to wait a couple of hours and then email, in case mine just hasn't come through yet
I still haven't heard anything either. I think since some people have got an email I'm going to wait a couple of hours and then email, in case mine just hasn't come through yet

I've already emailed them, now waiting for their response
Guys did all of complete the survey already? It worked on my iPad but I’m thinking wether or not I should switch to a laptop for an actual test.
Original post by Maximus_2005
Guys did all of complete the survey already? It worked on my iPad but I’m thinking wether or not I should switch to a laptop for an actual test.

I've done the survey, I did it on my laptop and I think I'll do the test on my laptop too, but it probably doesn't make that much difference whether you do it on your ipad or laptop as long as you know it'll work
Heyy do you know the conditions for the test, like do we need to get an invigilator?
I've done the survey, I did it on my laptop and I think I'll do the test on my laptop too, but it probably doesn't make that much difference whether you do it on your ipad or laptop as long as you know it'll work
I don’t think you do cos when I checked their website it said you should be alone unless in a test environment with invigilators. Also anyone know if we are allowed formula books? This seems a bit flawed cos I feel like there’s so many ways to cheat
Cool. Idk the seems extremely flawed like some ppl r gunna cheat and come aren't. I don't think they fully thought this through...
Original post by J4SONXU333
I don’t think you do cos when I checked their website it said you should be alone unless in a test environment with invigilators. Also anyone know if we are allowed formula books? This seems a bit flawed cos I feel like there’s so many ways to cheat
Guys I still haven't found any material for the admissions test, you think doing PAT past papers would work? Also if anyone is doing physics as well plz dm me I wanna compare preparations for tmrw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending