The Student Room Group

Network Rail Graduate Scheme 2023

Hi everyone, I haven’t seen any threads for this anywhere and thought it may be useful for sharing any updates we have! I’ve completed the VI and got an email saying they’re considering me for AC but no guarantees just yet

Scroll to see replies

Hi, when did you get the email saying your passed the VI?
Reply 2
Original post by Jaycee_88
Hi, when did you get the email saying your passed the VI?

It was on the 5th, what programme/location did you apply to? Mine is operations management in Bristol
Original post by aisot2000
It was on the 5th, what programme/location did you apply to? Mine is operations management in Bristol

Finance which would start in MK.

Would you happen to know if AC has started?
Reply 4
Finance which would start in MK.

Would you happen to know if AC has started?

I have no idea :/ judging by how slow the process has been so far I imagine AC’s haven’t started yet
I have no idea :/ judging by how slow the process has been so far I imagine AC’s haven’t started yet

Alright, what is your amber track saying?
Reply 6
Hey, I also received the shortlisting email, about 5 days ago. I was on the portal today and it told me to submit my uni name. The current status is ' you have been invited to an assessment centre'. Seems positive.
I received the email on the 30th of december, even invitng me to AC, then an hour later saying that the invite was a mistake but I had passed the VI. They also sent an email that day asking for uni name, and that the button was broken and when it gets fixed, they would tell us. So in all I received 4 emails that day

But I logged in today, enter my uni name and I can see that my status changed to "you have been invited to an assessment centre".

It also says "You can book a place using the link below" but there is no link
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
I received the email on the 30th of december, even invitng me to AC, then an hour later saying that the invite was a mistake but I had passed the VI. They also sent an email that day asking for uni name, and that the button was broken and when it gets fixed, they would tell us. So in all I received 4 emails that day

But I logged in today, enter my uni name and I can see that my status changed to "you have been invited to an assessment centre".

Yep, exactly same status for me. Sounds positive
Original post by Zeeyo
Yep, exactly same status for me. Sounds positive

Would it make sense to ring them tomorrow? The AC should be starting soon in my opinion
Reply 10

If it’s asking you to book a place (despite there being no link) I’d say that’s really good news! Mine says I’m on the 5th stage (ac) but below it says that they’ll update me soon, and I also have the uni name upload button which doesn’t work. I was confused about that because they didn’t say anything about uploading my university name
Reply 11
Would it make sense to ring them tomorrow? The AC should be starting soon in my opinion

Yh, would do no harm. I’ve only just saw this status today so I’m gonna wait till the end of the week before contacting them
If it’s asking you to book a place (despite there being no link) I’d say that’s really good news! Mine says I’m on the 5th stage (ac) but below it says that they’ll update me soon, and I also have the uni name upload button which doesn’t work. I was confused about that because they didn’t say anything about uploading my university name

Yea the button was not working for me until today, so I have entered my uni details. I wonder if it works for @Zeeyo and for which role did you apply to?

Maybe it depends on the role you apply to determines the speed
Reply 13
Yea the button was not working for me until today, so I have entered my uni details. I wonder if it works for @Zeeyo and for which role did you apply to?

Maybe it depends on the role you apply to determines the speed

yh it let me fill in my uni name.
Original post by Zeeyo
yh it let me fill in my uni name.

Which role did you apply to?

Is there any update for you guys today?
Reply 15
I applied for finance. My AC has been booked in for next Thursday. Have you been contacted about the AC?
Reply 16
I emailed them today as the uni name upload button still isn’t working, and they just said that they’re still working on fixing it.. maybe it depends on the programme?
I emailed them today as the uni name upload button still isn’t working, and they just said that they’re still working on fixing it.. maybe it depends on the programme?

Yea maybe, hopefully they sort it out quickly for you.
Reply 18
Has anyone got an AC on the 24th for IT and business services? Not sure what to expect as mine is online and Ive never done one
Reply 19
Original post by cgkv
Has anyone got an AC on the 24th for IT and business services? Not sure what to expect as mine is online and Ive never done one

Hey, I recently completed the finance AC. Not sure if your day will be the same as mine but we had a presentation and interview. There was no group tasks.

there were behaviour questions that asked what you would do in certain scenarios ie times when you would not speak up at work.

also was a competency section

Quick Reply

Latest