The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Maniche scored a brilliant goal and played well with Porto last year. Had Portugal won the tourney he d prolly have won the title.
Once again another summer is upon us and once again both Veira and Wenger are being linked with moves away from Arsenal. This has happened methodically every year practically since they both joined, it is one of the few certainties in football. Just as happens every year, they will both be present and correct come kick off time for the new season, I would bet our title on it.
TheWolf
pools too easy! and requires hardly any thinking!

I dont agree, pool is a completely different style of play, although it is obvious that a good potter with a good cue action will do well, the style of safety and positioning required to win a frame of pool at one visit is different, with a lot more emphasis on moving single balls successfully to make room for a shot and a lot more attacking forms of safety. Although it is in a sense too easy for beginners, i still requires a lot of skill and practice to become a master. I am useless at snooker and my highest break is 31, my friend is very skilled andgoes past this on a regular basis but rarely plays pool - i play it all the time and when we play together i more often than not win. It's all down to personal preference really.

G-W-D
George-W-Duck
I dont agree, pool is a completely different style of play, although it is obvious that a good potter with a good cue action will do well, the style of safety and positioning required to win a frame of pool at one visit is different, with a lot more emphasis on moving single balls successfully to make room for a shot and a lot more attacking forms of safety. Although it is in a sense too easy for beginners, i still requires a lot of skill and practice to become a master. I am useless at snooker and my highest break is 31, my friend is very skilled andgoes past this on a regular basis but rarely plays pool - i play it all the time and when we play together i more often than not win. It's all down to personal preference really.

G-W-D

i still think snooker require way more tactics and thought and skills etc
TheWolf
pools too easy! and requires hardly any thinking!

I would agree with this, any old sot can play pool - the pockets are absolutely massive on a full size table - they should be called wells.

To play pool well is another matter though, I've never really watched professional pool - but surely the matches last about 2 minutes?
Reply 1985
weird....
mobbdeeprob
I would agree with this, any old sot can play pool - the pockets are absolutely massive on a full size table - they should be called wells.

To play pool well is another matter though, I've never really watched professional pool - but surely the matches last about 2 minutes?

ive watched professional pool many times, the shots are easier than snooker - as you dont get really long shots at all....yes its easier im sure, the harder parts are probably to get good positioning on such a small table, which means everything needs to be more accurate i guess
link?
NDGAARONDI
link?

ive provided a link in the ultimate football site as shown in my sig
he expressed an interest, no where does it say that he's actually going to buy them
Any golf watchers out there?

Who do you think is going to win?
I fancy that Mickleson might win it but wouldnt it be fantastic if Monty pulled it of tommorow.
stu_uk_aussie
Any golf watchers out there?

Who do you think is going to win?
I fancy that Mickleson might win it but wouldnt it be fantastic if Monty pulled it of tommorow.

yea im watching it, i think ernie will win it
Yea hes certainly at the top of his game..... if he only he was European lol

I think were going to get slaughtered at The Ryder Cup in September at Oakland Hills.
stu_uk_aussie
Yea hes certainly at the top of his game..... if he only he was European lol

I think were going to get slaughtered at The Ryder Cup in September at Oakland Hills.

lol agreed..btw i hope tiger does well tommorow, a good fightback would make it interesting
A 4-way playoff: Ernie Els, Phil Mickelson, Retief Goosen and Tiger Woods; with Ernie winning it. I'd like Monty to come good though, but I don't think he has it mentally.
any1 know where near birmingham u can do falconry?

n how heavy is a 10l scuba cylinder (filled or empty)?
Reply 1997
My football boots are tired and I need a new pair....anyone got any recommendations? I DON'T want metal or screw-in studs. Thanks :smile:
who_me
My football boots are tired and I need a new pair....anyone got any recommendations? I DON'T want metal or screw-in studs. Thanks :smile:

So are you after moulded (hard-surface) studs?

The new Nike Total 90s are quite nice - they come in a cheap version (£30-£40) and a fancy version (£110).
who_me

Whats your budget, ive got a pair of predators, and theyre really amazing, but are quite expensive, if youre a striker, i recommend nike vapors

Latest