The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Xenon
If those 2 play, I have a feeling that Owen secretly will be wishing for defoe to do bad. The only way Owen will give himself a chance is by getting himself a loan move ASAP.

yeah, of course....you wouldn't want your rivals doing well, as long as your country succeeds
~Sam~

This wouldn't be happening if he stayed with us! (Don't mind me, I'm just bitter)

if only you had won something more often when he was with you (and don't mention the treble) :biggrin:
Reply 6282
mockel
hmmm, well i don't know, let's forget about it then (since it never happened)....i hope he is able to get a little run in the first team at some time (through raul/ronaldo getting injured) and prove himself

Same *Wishing that Raul breaks his leg or has injury problems or something like Owen has*. Raul needs to make way sometimes for Owen. What Owen needs is a goal. He needs his hunger and desire back. He needs his fearlessness and that certain aura about him back.
goldenbarnes
January = Everton on loan (being a fan n all)

You heard it here first.

lol, that would be quite an interesting swoop
Reply 6284
guest1984
I doubt Owen would be dropped by Swen, he has always been a regular player in the England squad even when he wasn't scoring at Liverpool.

the fact that Sven has come out and issued Owen a warning has proved that he might consider dropping him.
Xenon
Same *Wishing that Raul breaks his leg or has injury problems or something like Owen has*. Raul needs to make way sometimes for Owen. What Owen needs is a goal. He needs his hunger and desire back. He needs his fearlessness and that certain aura about him back.

owen needs a goal for sure....but the only way that will happen, realistically, is if one of the two get injured....i know raul's will never be dropped, otherwise there will be huge outrage among the players :rolleyes:
Reply 6286
mockel
if only you had won something more often when he was with you (and don't mention the treble) :biggrin:

You're right, but you don't see Real Madrid winning anything at the moment do you? And Gerrard didn't leave us! I don't know what is up with Liverpool atm, we have a great game, and then we have a crap game. I'd love it so much if we beat Madrid in the CL, that would show Owen!
~Sam~
You're right, but you don't see Real Madrid winning anything at the moment do you? And Gerrard didn't leave us! I don't know what is up with Liverpool atm, we have a great game, and then we have a crap game. I'd love it so much if we beat Madrid in the CL, that would show Owen!

It's not Owen's fault the most attractive club in the world made a bid for him that was accepted.......
~Sam~

Real will win the champions league imo. Ok, they might not have had an excellent start to the season, but they are still an immensely strong team. Good come back from the last CL game.
guest1984
But i think Real have other strikers too, like Morientes and co.

that reminds me- what's real's big problem with morientes....they just never want to play the guy
must have felt real sweet for the guy to dump them out of the CL last season :biggrin:
Reply 6290
Xenon
I feel sorry for him. If I were him, I'd get a move elsewhere ASAP. He's missing up his career by staying at real, where he won't even get a chance to break into the 1st team. If it continues like this, his england career will be seriously messed up.
His move has got to be one of the worst choices ever. What's the earliest you can change clubs reallistically after just joining a club? He needs to play regularly!

ARRrghh I know!

this is exactly what I thought and said would happen :frown:
~Sam~

i know, they haven't been doing too well in the last couple of years, but still, they are the biggest club in the world and are always expecting the best every season....and i respect gerrard immensely for staying at anfield, while i repsect owen's decision to leave
Reply 6292
goldenbarnes
It's not Owen's fault the most attractive club in the world made a bid for him that was accepted.......

He didn't have to go. He had plenty of opportunities to sign a new contract. I can understand why he did go, but that doesn't mean I have to be sympathetic when things don't work out for him! I'm just stating the facts, and the fact is if he wanted regular first team football he should have stayed at Liverpool. At Real he's going to have to fight for his place, and who knows, maybe that will make him a better player. For England's sake, I hope so. I have nothing against Owen, he has done so much for Liverpool that it would be unfair to hold this against him, but all I care about now is Liverpool doing well, not Owen.
~Sam~
He didn't have to go. He had plenty of opportunities to sign a new contract. I can understand why he did go, but that doesn't mean I have to be sympathetic when things don't work out for him! I'm just stating the facts, and the fact is if he wanted regular first team football he should have stayed at Liverpool. At Real he's going to have to fight for his place, and who knows, maybe that will make him a better player. For England's sake, I hope so.

He doesnt want to stay at Liverpool because he wants to start winning competitions and domestic leagues...yes he needs to fight for his place, he knows that well enough, its not like he thought he would get 1st choice anyway when he went to Madrid. :rolleyes:
Reply 6294
hihihihi
ARRrghh I know!

this is exactly what I thought and said would happen :frown:

And there was me thinking that he would be ok there. I should've listened to u!
Reply 6295
TheWolf
He doesnt want to stay at Liverpool because he wants to start winning competitions and domestic leagues...yes he needs to fight for his place, he knows that well enough, its not like he thought he would get 1st choice anyway when he went to Madrid. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and as I said, I understand why he left. Everyone, including him, knew that he wouldnt get into the first team straight away. Yet people are still acting suprised. What I'm saying is the same as you, he knew the situation when he left and he still did so he can't just moan about it, he has to do something about it and make the most of the opportunities he has.
Did Owen actually moan about that? I just really dislike people who immediately say it is a bad choice by owen, just like immediately saying beckham going to madrid is a bad choice...etc
~Sam~
Yeah, and as I said, I understand why he left. Everyone, including him, knew that he wouldnt get into the first team straight away. Yet people are still acting suprised. What I'm saying is the same as you, he knew the situation when he left and he still did so he can't just moan about it, he has to do something about it and make the most of the opportunities he has.

yeah, i think he needed to make the most of his opportunities as well....but unfortunately, the circumstances didn't really help (i.e. the sacking), and as xenon said, he's not really been given any sort of chance now
TheWolf
Did Owen actually moan about that?
i don't think he's actually been moaning, just saying stuff like he may have to reconsider his future at the end of this season the way things are going
Reply 6299
TheWolf
Did Owen actually moan about that? I just really dislike people who immediately say it is a bad choice by owen, just like immediately saying beckham going to madrid is a bad choice...etc

He's been saying that he's unhappy with the amount of games he's played.
I think I'm expressing my views badly here, and I'm coming across in the wrong way as usual. I'm not saying it was a bad choice. Sure, as a Liverpool supporter I wish he would have stayed, but I understand why he left. If things go well for him at Madrid, then great. But if they don't then he's got to live with that. Beckham to Madrid seems to have paid off for him, and maybe Owen's move will. I just want Owen playing as well as he can for England. I'm not the one saying it was the wrong move and that he should get a loan somewhere else. I don't think he should, I think he should fight for his place and not just give up.

Latest