The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6480
U should go. It sounds good. There are some really good legends out there, and it should be a good match. The celebs will get trounced though.
Xenon
U should go. It sounds good. There are some really good legends out there, and it should be a good match. The celebs will get trounced though.

i can see harvey getting a goal though :wink:
Reply 6482
Xenon

I'm going up anyway cos my Sister is at Newcastle Uni so I want to see her.
"The Match" is absolutely pathetic.

What are they trying to prove? - that even celebrities can kick a ball?

Waste of time, and shame on yuo for watching it! Worse than Hells Kitchen.. reality television at its worst..
Reality TV at it's worst is Rebecca Loos pleasuring a pig ! (Five's, "The Farm")
DavidBrent
Because Wales have a distinctly vauxhall conference standard defence, playing three players up front will totally destroy them. As for our defence, I think it is one of the best in the world. Remember Sol and Rio were the best central def partnership in the last World Cup

Well I think Mark Delaney would walk into the England side personally.
biggest load of crap, anyone who watches it or any other 'reality' shows is a serious moron
Reply 6487
mockel
i can see harvey getting a goal though :wink:

I can see him and DC getting a goal, especially if the legends ease off a bit. And I can see Harvey getting into a little bust-up and causing many fouls. :biggrin:
Reply 6488
Danyul
"The Match" is absolutely pathetic.

What are they trying to prove? - that even celebrities can kick a ball?

Waste of time, and shame on yuo for watching it! Worse than Hells Kitchen.. reality television at its worst..

:biggrin:
I have to admit, I initially started watching it hoping that there would be some fit guys there. :biggrin: But I can't wait to see the legends play-they might be older, but they'll still have it. Is Ian Wright going to play?
Hell's Kitchen was great.
Reply 6490
goldenbarnes
Hell's Kitchen was great.

I have to admit that I was hooked on to Hell's Kitchen. But some reality programmes like Big Brother bore me (apart from the 1st 2). And some shows are just plain silly-like the Farm. I liked the Games which was on channel 4.
Reply 6491
Xenon
Is Ian Wright going to play?

I hope so :smile:

this is who I think should play

______________Bruce Grobbaler

Viv Anderson___Gary Pallister___Nigel Winterburn

___Lee______Waddle____Gazza___Bryan Robson

______________Le Tissier________________

________Beardsley_____Wright____________

subs: albert,mccoist,houghton,francis, bonetti
Ill take booing at the welsh anthem, though incredibly rude, as in the spirit of the game and rivarly etc

but what the hell were those few fools doing shouting during the minute silence for Ken Bigley. Thats disgusting.
Reply 6493
sloaney87
Ill take booing at the welsh anthem, though incredibly rude, as in the spirit of the game and rivarly etc

but what the hell were those few fools doing shouting during the minute silence for Ken Bigley. Thats disgusting.

seriously thats really out of order
sloaney87

Well England fans boo any other country's anthem! They even booed their own anthem last time they played Leichtenstein!

But what makes you think it was the England fans, not the Welsh ones, making the noise during the silence :confused:
sloaney87

Oh my God, that's sick. These people who cause trouble at football matches aren't true fans though. They're just looking for an excuse to be thugs and cause trouble.
Reply 6496
But what makes you think it was the England fans, not the Welsh ones, making the noise during the silence

Thats what I thought.. but it is instinctive to blame it on the English fans..
Syntax
Thats what I thought.. but it is instinctive to blame it on the English fans..

well after what happened in portagal or where ever of course people are gonna think its us!
Bigley is English -why would England fans shout during the silence? I would think its the Welsh. ok.. or it could be the English shouting something bad about Blair to get their views heard...
It is unfair to assume that the Welsh would be booing just becuase Ken Bigley was English and I'm not just saying that because I'm Welsh. He's not a foreigner in Welsh people's eyes.

Latest