The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

chandni
It's great to see a British Woman in the 3rd round as well

Yeah especially after all the problems she has had
Syntax
Got mine from Niketown a while ago...
I don't like people wearing them as fashion statements, but as long as their money goes to the charity...

You got them from Niketown but don't like people wearing them as a fashion statement?
Are we talking about 'deserve' in a religious or spiritual sense - because in footballing terms, surely the best way to sort out who deserves the league is to let the football decide?

Or has football moved into a different dimension?
The Messiah
I dont think they do

Why? They're playing better than any other team and as Chris Coleman says, "...they're not up there for nothing".

The Messiah
and i feel that the FA should introduce Transfer caps

Absolutely. Perhaps it might stop prices of players being inflated so extreme that the likes of Alan Curbishley can afford some players for a change, let alone only one month in the transfer window encouraging such high price tags. Besides, it is the fans that often cough up the bill.

The Messiah
otherwise there'll be no incentive to play hard for the other teams.

Doesn't show in quite a few matches. In fact, it might work against an expensive team because the less expensive team may wish to prove the other wrong. Full credit to Fulham against Chelsea in the League Cup this year, they played very well.

Davie_Moyes
Of course they deserve to win it. They have been much better than the rest of the other teams and their football has been fantastic. Plus, its not all about hathe spending of money. Morhino has used players that were there before the spending e..g Terry, Lampard and built a fantastic team.

Well stated. Teams have often spent quite a lot of money with not so much success per £ if you can have such a 'ratio'. Look at Liverpool and now recently Man Utd.

The Messiah
if chelsea could be personified, they would have russian naionality, therefore shoouldn't be in the premier league.

I don't get you. Because the chairman is Russian? So they changed nationality this season?

mobb_theprequel
Man Utd are just *** - why can't they stop diving? :frown:

Glad to see an honest person. Mind you, hard to argue against with a certain match at Old Trafford against one London side. :rolleyes:

mobb_theprequel
Absolutely not - they're a disgrace to the beautiful game.

Whilst Fergie and Wenger keep squabbling like children, yes.

The Messiah, who do you support, if any team, anyway?
IWhilst Fergie and Wenger keep squabbling like children, yes.

The Messiah, who do you support, if any team, anyway?

i am an arsenal adherent
Reply 9405
i support man u, but i have to admit they do deserve to win the league. Whoever wins the league deserves it, unless this is done in some sort of corrupt way. OK, money helps but it is not everything, otherwise man u would have won every title since around 97.
Haha, Arsenal. It can be argued you didn't deserve to only draw against Chelsea at Highbury because the second goal you scored, was from a free kick, which probably never was to start with.

And why is it all of a sudden you're focusing on Chelsea for transfer caps? Plenty of clubs have spent quite a lot of money, okay not as much as Chelsea. But £30m for Wayne Rooney? I'm afraid money means business in football, and other sports are just the same.
mobb_theprequel
Absolutely not - they're a disgrace to the beautiful game.

GTF off. If you want to see what a disgrace to the game is, come up to Glasgow when Rangers and Celtic play, then you'll say that what a real disgrace is.

Chelsea have made good signings this year, they deserve to win the league because they have bene the best team in the league, full stop.
NDGAARONDI
Haha, Arsenal. It can be argued you didn't deserve to only draw against Chelsea at Highbury because the second goal you scored, was from a free kick, which probably never was to start with.

And why is it all of a sudden you're focusing on Chelsea for transfer caps? Plenty of clubs have spent quite a lot of money, okay not as much as Chelsea. But £30m for Wayne Rooney? I'm afraid money means business in football, and other sports are just the same.

what so you're saying that 120million plus in two consecutive seasons is tenable. i think its grossly unsporty. it undermines the ethics of football.
r u a fervent football follower or r u one of those ambivalent types who simpl speculate. If chelsea do win the league, they'll know it was due to cash. and thats that.....
TheWolf
lol. :cool: Good luck against Exeter City btw.

Much appreciated. :smile:
no :biggrin:
Reply 9411
Davie_Moyes
GTF off. If you want to see what a disgrace to the game is, come up to Glasgow when Rangers and Celtic play, then you'll say that what a real disgrace is.

are you talking about John Hartson?
The Messiah
what so you're saying that 120million plus in two consecutive seasons is tenable. i think its grossly unsporty. it undermines the ethics of football.

Grossly unsporty? Are you kidding? And Wenger keeps having a war against Ferguson? And the likes of your players like Pires dives? Yes Chelsea have cheaters too. I don't think any team is 100% come to think about it. As with the finance, better start acusing Man Utd because they bought the treble then. Go on, please do. I also didn't know football had ethics. If it did I'd like to know what they are! :biggrin:

The Messiah
If chelsea do win the league, they'll know it was due to cash. and thats that.....

Which explains that Liverpool spent tons and got sweet FA back :rolleyes:

You either don't know too much about football because you're quite young, or you're just ignorant because Chelsea are performing above Arsenal now. There is a saying, "...the Premiership never lies". Look at Real Madrid. Trying to buy individuals with lots of money and still behind Barcelona. Haven't won the Champions League for some time. Individuals don't win titles, teams do. And Chelsea have a great team spirit, which has no doubt helped them on there way to success.

If it was simply down to cash, they would have won trophies last season.

So try another tactic other than Chelsea are only winning because of money. It's boring and tiresome.

Remember that Arsenal have a wage policy.
chats
are you talking about John Hartson?

No the mindless hatred between the two teams because of religion. Its a disgrace, smashing restaurant windows, fighting everywhere in Glasgow because both sets of fans hate each other because one are Protestants and other are Catholics.

Thats not proper football or proper ethics.

Mon the Well.
Davie_Moyes
No the mindless hatred between the two teams because of religion. Its a disgrace, smashing restaurant windows, fighting everywhere in Glasgow because both sets of fans hate each other because one are Protestants and other are Catholics.

Disgraceful isn't it? I'm glad England had rid of a lot of this in terms of Catholics v Protestants anyway. So glad I'm living during the times when our monarchies kept switching denomination! Having said that there are a few English teams whose fans have a reputation for being dirty and rioting, Milwall is one.
NDGAARONDI
Grossly unsporty? Are you kidding? And Wenger keeps having a war against Ferguson? And the likes of your players like Pires dives? Yes Chelsea have cheaters too. I don't think any team is 100% come to think about it. As with the finance, better start acusing Man Utd because they bought the treble then. Go on, please do. I also didn't know football had ethics. If it did I'd like to know what they are! :biggrin:

Which explains that Liverpool spent tons and got sweet FA back :rolleyes:

You either don't know too much about football because you're quite young, or you're just ignorant because Chelsea are performing above Arsenal now. There is a saying, "...the Premiership never lies". Look at Real Madrid. Trying to buy individuals with lots of money and still behind Barcelona. Haven't won the Champions League for some time. Individuals don't win titles, teams do. And Chelsea have a great team spirit, which has no doubt helped them on there way to success.

If it was simply down to cash, they would have won trophies last season.

So try another tactic other than Chelsea are only winning because of money. It's boring and tiresome.

I AINT IGNORANT MAN, I AM STATING MY INFORMED VIEWS, SO ARE U SAYING THAT IF CHELSEA WIN THE LEAGUE, IT WOULDN'T IN ANYWAY PERTAIN TO THE 200 MILLION THEY SPENT. EVIDENTLY THE ONLY REASON THEY DIDN'T WIN LAST REASON WAS SIMPLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY DIDN'T SPEND ENOUGH. Now they have, and look at what has ensued.. ETHICS- i am talking about the fact that these days chelsea have first refusal with reagard to precocious footballers. do conur r not?
And please don't assert the foolish premise of age, because i think i'm old enough to have views and to hink rationally, afterall you are only 2 years older than i am, so what makes u think your assertions are more impregnable. stop being so irrational. don't use age as ammunition in an argument especially when the difference between yourself and the adversary is insignificant and scant..

hahahahahahaha
The Messiah

I AINT IGNORANT MAN, I AM STATING MY INFORMED VIEWS, SO ARE U SAYING THAT IF CHELSEA WIN THE LEAGUE, IT WOULDN'T IN ANYWAY PERTAIN TO THE 200 MILLION THEY SPENT. EVIDENTLY THE ONLY REASON THEY DIDN'T WIN LAST REASON WAS SIMPLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY DIDN'T SPEND ENOUGH.
hahahahahahaha

Or the fact there manager was completely pants? So this means its not down to the money, its the man who's managing the team. And on Morhino's performance, Chelsea do deserve to win the leauge.

Who do you support Messiah?
as much as i dont really like them you cant deny they deserve it

for years manchester united have been the most financialy wealthy club in Britain and have therefore been the most succesful, although it is because of different circumstances Chelse are now the most wealthy and it's time for another side to maybe dominate for a long time.

they are fantastic to watch and mourinho is a great character and a superb asset to the game in this country.
Davie_Moyes
Or the fact there manager was completely pants?

Ranieri was okay and would be pretty good with a smaller club, but not outstanding like Mourinho. I felt sorry that Ranieri went, but Mourinho is better.

Davie_Moyes
So this means its not down to the money, its the man who's managing the team. And on Morhino's performance, Chelsea do deserve to win the leauge.

Also look at Arsenal's financial support compared to Everton and Middlesbrough.

Davie_Moyes
Who do you support Messiah?

He supports Arsenal. Can't you tell?
The Messiah
I dont think they do, and i feel that the FA should introduce Transfer caps, otherwise there'll be no incentive to play hard for the other teams.
if chelsea could be personified, they would have russian naionality, therefore shoouldn't be in the premier league.

Thats some really shoddy reasoning. Yes Chelsea deserve to win the Premiership.
The Messiah
PEACE.. I THINK I DESERVE SUM REP POINTS.... PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEEE. I'M A NEW MEMBER

Sounds like a plea for red gems to me.

Latest