The Student Room Group

Qualified Lawyers Assessment QLA (Re-qualifying in Scotland)

Hi Everyone,

I have tried to find relevant groups or discussions for people who want to re-qualify as a solicitor in Scotland and plan to sit QLA but there are none anywhere. Primarily, I wanted to find more people who want to sit QLA exam as I am struggling to find the right study material etc. Would be great if anyone has given/passed QLA or is planning to do it. Im completely lost as there are no QLA prep service providers or any study/info groups on any social media platforms for QLA, only SQE ones in abundance.

Really trying to connect and find more people. Anyone?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I am taking them!
Hi Iiesq,

Great! Do you want to make a whatsapp group perhaps or sort of communication channel where we can discuss the progress and papers etc? Are you in scotland at the moment?

Would be great to have a chat and be in touch if you are up for it!

Thanks,
Mahnum
Reply 3
Sure thing. WhatsApp works - PM me?
Original post by llesq
Sure thing. WhatsApp works - PM me?

Original post by Mahnum Ikram
Hi Everyone,

I have tried to find relevant groups or discussions for people who want to re-qualify as a solicitor in Scotland and plan to sit QLA but there are none anywhere. Primarily, I wanted to find more people who want to sit QLA exam as I am struggling to find the right study material etc. Would be great if anyone has given/passed QLA or is planning to do it. Im completely lost as there are no QLA prep service providers or any study/info groups on any social media platforms for QLA, only SQE ones in abundance.

Really trying to connect and find more people. Anyone?

Thanks.

Can I be a part of this group as well? It would be really helpful to discuss about this enigma of an examination with someone who is also sitting for the same.
Reply 5
Yes, of course - PM me with number for WhatsApp?
Yes, can you PM me with your number?
can you also add me to this group? im also giving the exams
Hi Iiesq,

Great! Do you want to make a whatsapp group
perhaps or sort of communication channel where we can discuss the progress and papers etc? Are you in scotland at the moment?

Thanks,
Mahnum

Can I please be added to this WhatsApp Group? I’m also planning to undertake the QLA. Thank you.
Reply 9
Hi, can I join this group as I am also preparing to give QLA
Reply 10
Hi Illesq

I hope you are well. I’m planning to sit the QLA early next year and I am keen to get chatting to people who have undertaken the QLA recently to get an idea of the preparation time involved and the process generally. If you were willing to share your experience with me I’d be extremely grateful. I can provide you with a phone number or email address to contact if you would be happy to. Thank you.
Reply 11
Hi Mahnum

I hope you are well. I’m planning to sit the QLA early next year and I am keen to get chatting to people who have undertaken the QLA recently to get an idea of the preparation time involved and the process generally. If you were willing to share your experience with me I’d be extremely grateful. I can provide you with a phone number or email address to contact if you would be happy to. Thank you.
Reply 12
Please PM me with details and I will reach out! 😊
Reply 13
Hi, Could anyone please share the list of books they studied for QLA prep? As the list is long and days are short to prep for each paper as it has multiple books to refer and study. It will be of a great help in saving time. From where to source books second hand at an affordable rates?
Hi Iiesq,

Great! Do you want to make a whatsapp group perhaps or sort of communication channel where we can discuss the progress and papers etc? Are you in scotland at the moment?

Thanks,
Mahnum

Hi, could i be included in the whatsapp please? I am going to start study but I am a bit lost. Thanks
Reply 15
Hey, feel free to PM me!
Thank you. I will.
I need to be a member for 3 days to send PM. I will send you the PM ASAP.
Reply 18
Original post by haideraziz3
can you also add me to this group? im also giving the exams

Hi Haider

If you can send me ur number i will add you to a group i created for qla prep and all. Thanks
Reply 19
Original post by Zaccha
Hi, can I join this group as I am also preparing to give QLA

Hi Zaccha

If you can PM me ur number i will add you to a group i created for qla prep and all. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending