The Student Room Group

BBC Fast Track Production Apprenticeships 2023

So I’ve been searching for hours for peoples experience of the recruitment process for this role but the previous years all seem different on the initIal application. I felt it was bit simple compared to other years. Only one iin-depth question. The rest multiple choice. Anyone else who applied felt the same?

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I’ve applied for the journalism fast track and it was the same. Anyone else through to the second round which is a digital assessment on HireVue? Any tips?
Original post by lollipop888
Hey, I’ve applied for the journalism fast track and it was the same. Anyone else through to the second round which is a digital assessment on HireVue? Any tips?

Hi, I’ve also received the same invitation, it sounds as though we all get the same two questions and we have 1 minute to prepare and 3 to answer the question. To practice, I just keep talking to myself in front of my iPad to get used to it but I suppose the best advice would be to do it when you feel ready and do plenty of practice.
Thank you, that’s very helpful! Do you know if you can do the practice questions without then going on to complete the actual real video interview?
Yeah, as long as you make sure you don’t press the button to start the interview then you should be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by lollipop888

I’ve also got to this stage. I submitted mine Sunday. Not sure if yours will be the same but based on mine the best tip I can give is prepare a few answers to give to a variety of questions. Then rehearse them. You’ll have 90 seconds to prepare your answer but very little to actually make a decent one.
Hi! I have also applied for the Fast Track Production Apprenticeship (London) and am due to start my video interview this week. Are the practice questions the same as the actual questions we're asked, or more just to give you a feel for how the format works? Best of luck to you and thanks for posting :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Hi, are the questions generic interview questions or more situation based? Im planning on doing mine tomorrow and would like some advice please :smile:

Original post by ElByr
I’ve also got to this stage. I submitted mine Sunday. Not sure if yours will be the same but based on mine the best tip I can give is prepare a few answers to give to a variety of questions. Then rehearse them. You’ll have 90 seconds to prepare your answer but very little to actually make a decent one.
I've applied to the Advanced Journalism Track and the Production Fast-Track schemes in London this year. I've just graduated from my MPhil in Theology and Literature at Cambridge and I love the look of both schemes. Really nervous ahh.
Reply 9
hii, i just finish my online interview, i was so nervous and stuttering so much omg. hopefully i can pass, prayinggg. Good luck everyone!!!
Original post by ViVian5
hii, i just finish my online interview, i was so nervous and stuttering so much omg. hopefully i can pass, prayinggg. Good luck everyone!!!

Hey, same! I was shaking, I was so nervous for both questions. Hopefully, they won't mind haha! Good luck!
Hey all! Been searching for a thread like this for days. Sorry, might be a long one.

Had my online interview last week (Journalism Fast Track, Birmingham). I found it fun compared to most job applications but wondering:

Did everyone have two video questions? I was asked to a) analyse one of the BBC News socials, and b) talk about a news story I saw on social media that inspired me. Loved the questions and the fact we had infinite time to plan. Sorry BBC if the questions are supposed to be confidential…

Confirmation stated they would take multiple datapoints into consideration. Does that mean we are only now being assessed for any part of the application?

Good luck everyone!
Hi All,
I’ve applied to Production Fast Track and Journalism fast track (Glasgow). I received an email saying that for Journalism, the recruitment team have started working on shortlisting and aim to let everyone know by end of April, virtual AC is in May.
Fingers crossed for the Production shortlist coming out any day now…
Really enjoyed the interviews for both. Not as stressful as I anticipated, once you get a hang of not checking yourself and the timer during recording!
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone heard anything back since doing the online video questions? The email inviting me to do the video recording also said if you get through the assessment centre would be the week being 27th March and it’s getting close now. Just worrying if I do get through about trying to get time off work
I've not heard anything yet - my email said the same thing, week commencing 27th of March for for virtual assessment centre! Hopefully this week coming!
Reply 15
Is the week following 27th for the virtual assessment for the production apprentice in London’s BBC studios ?
Original post by ElByr
Is the week following 27th for the virtual assessment for the production apprentice in London’s BBC studios ?

I'm not sure, I applied for Glasgow and that was the date they gave me.
Reply 17
My assumption is tomorrow will be the last day to hear back. Because no way we’d be given a days notice. So if not today or tomorrow my belief is they’re running late and we’ll find out next week and the assesment week will change.
I’ve got my email today for the virtual assessment centre and it’s on going to be on Wednesday for me
Reply 19
Original post by ShaunaSw
I’ve got my email today for the virtual assessment centre and it’s on going to be on Wednesday for me

Congratulations!! Which location did you apply for?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending