The Student Room Group

Oxford MPhil Politics (European Politics and Society)

Hii, just thought I’d start a thread to see if anyone’s heard back yet for the MPhil Politics (European Politics and Society) :smile:
Dear Lise,
In answer to your question re. references, from what I remember on the website two out of three references are required for your application to go through in the first place, they need all three before they make a final decision. You can chase up your reference or replace them on the application. Hope that helps! I applied to this course too.
Reply 2
Think I just found that information on the website as well! Thank you and best of luck to you :smile:
Original post by Inselviech
Dear Lise,
In answer to your question re. references, from what I remember on the website two out of three references are required for your application to go through in the first place, they need all three before they make a final decision. You can chase up your reference or replace them on the application. Hope that helps! I applied to this course too.
Reply 3
Heya, hope you are well despite the nerve-racking wait ! Nope, I haven't heard back for EPS yet. Ah and btw, just like you, I have also applied to the SciencesPo x LSE Dual Degree and if I am not mistaken we should expect to hear back from them within 8 weeks of the deadline (to answer your question in a different thread). Which programme have you applied to by the way?
Original post by lise2002
Hii, just thought I’d start a thread to see if anyone’s heard back yet for the MPhil Politics (European Politics and Society) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mæx
Heya, hope you are well despite the nerve-racking wait ! Nope, I haven't heard back for EPS yet. Ah and btw, just like you, I have also applied to the SciencesPo x LSE Dual Degree and if I am not mistaken we should expect to hear back from them within 8 weeks of the deadline (to answer your question in a different thread). Which programme have you applied to by the way?

Hi, hope you are doing fine as well! I am wondering whether they will stick to the 8 weeks though, because it has been over 8 weeks now. I applied to International Relations and International Security, how about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, hope you are doing fine as well! I am wondering whether they will stick to the 8 weeks though, because it has been over 8 weeks now. I applied to International Relations and International Security, how about you? :smile:

So far so good I would say, thank you! :smile: I just checked their website again and they say that it would take them 2 to 3 months so I think you should hear back fairly soon. I applied to the European Affairs degree so I'd do the "Europe in the World" policy stream in Paris and then the "Political Economy of Europe" MSc in London, although the International Affairs programme you've chosen looks super cool, too. On a different note, in case you have any questions about LSE feel free to let me know, I am doing my undergrad here atm and would love to help!
Reply 6
Original post by mæx
So far so good I would say, thank you! :smile: I just checked their website again and they say that it would take them 2 to 3 months so I think you should hear back fairly soon. I applied to the European Affairs degree so I'd do the "Europe in the World" policy stream in Paris and then the "Political Economy of Europe" MSc in London, although the International Affairs programme you've chosen looks super cool, too. On a different note, in case you have any questions about LSE feel free to let me know, I am doing my undergrad here atm and would love to help!

Oo your choices sound really interesting too! Hopefully we will hear back soon! If I do receive an offer (I applied for a MSc just at LSE as well) I will definitely contact you, thank you!!
Reply 7
Oo your choices sound really interesting too! Hopefully we will hear back soon! If I do receive an offer (I applied for a MSc just at LSE as well) I will definitely contact you, thank you!!

No worries at all! All the best for your applications and try not to stress too much! :smile:
I also applied for the MPhil Politics (European Politics and Society). No answer yet. What's your background? I'm an undergraduate Italian student in Politics and International Relations. My expected final grade is 109 out of 110 (Equivalent to a UK First Class Hons). I completed some EU-related courses including European Union Law.

Reply 9
Original post by antonio.p
I also applied for the MPhil Politics (European Politics and Society). No answer yet. What's your background? I'm an undergraduate Italian student in Politics and International Relations. My expected final grade is 109 out of 110 (Equivalent to a UK First Class Hons). I completed some EU-related courses including European Union Law.

Hi Antonio :smile: I am an Dutch student studying the same as you but in England! Predicted First as well. Hope we will get an answer soon, fingers crossed
Hi Antonio :smile: I am an Dutch student studying the same as you but in England! Predicted First as well. Hope we will get an answer soon, fingers crossed

Hi! I received my offer this afternoon. Do you have any news? I have my fingers crossed for you
I got my offer this afternoon too! Fingers crossed for everyone! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by antonio.p
Hi! I received my offer this afternoon. Do you have any news? I have my fingers crossed for you

Hi congrats on your offer! I am still waiting so I think it will definitely mean a rejections is coming my way :/ from what I gathered on TSR they have sent out the offers today. I already have another offer standing and am awaiting a response from LSE and King’s though, so it is what it is :smile:
Hello :smile:
Just found this thread! Congrats on your offers everyone- oxbridge or not!
I will be doing the MPhil in law at Oxford and am looking for other MPhil students to connect with before the course starts. If anyone would be interested in a WhatsApp group chat please DM me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending