The Student Room Group

A Level French, AQA, June 2020, published as Nov 2020: Spain multigen families

This claim is completely false: multigenerational families "cohabitation" was not born in 1997 in Spain. Even some old BBC Por Aqui Spanish texts from the 1980s have chapters on multigen sharing a house. I have serious problems with AQA MFL claims. It can cost a student a place in a good univ.

Née vers 1997 en Espagne, la cohabitation multigénérationnelle est encore peu développée en Europe. En France, le concept n’est adopté que récemment. Mais son heure est venue et ce phénomène va certainement se propager.
Original post by Voxdei
This claim is completely false: multigenerational families "cohabitation" was not born in 1997 in Spain. Even some old BBC Por Aqui Spanish texts from the 1980s have chapters on multigen sharing a house. I have serious problems with AQA MFL claims. It can cost a student a place in a good univ.

Née vers 1997 en Espagne, la cohabitation multigénérationnelle est encore peu développée en Europe. En France, le concept n’est adopté que récemment. Mais son heure est venue et ce phénomène va certainement se propager.

Why not take it up with AQA then? The board has plenty of freely-accessible contact numbers/email contacts for this type of enquiry.
Reply 2
I have.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Why not take it up with AQA then? The board has plenty of freely-accessible contact numbers/email contacts for this type of enquiry.

BTW, I did email the AQA people - no reply. There are serious "claims" in AQA questions in the paper exams and their discussions for the oral for example. I wonder on what planet those who set questions for Spanish live on, as they think it's perfectly normal to ask a student for their A level oral about "gays and gender re-assignment" in a Spanish-speaking country. As one does. There's more to studying languages than blacks and trans, but all of them have to come up with the most extreme woke dross they can find. Their articles (although they are hardly ever published in the body of the exam "for copyright reasons" hardly credit the source, or in which way they have been edited.

Quick Reply

Latest