The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A101 Offer Holders 2023 Entry

Forum for offer holders of St. George’s graduate entry medicine programme for Sept 2023 entry
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Heyyy thanks for making this thread! I can't wait to meet everyone and being this new journey!
Reply 2
Does waitlist 2023 count for this thread? 😅
Original post by EekPee
Does waitlist 2023 count for this thread? 😅

Yes of course :smile:
Is everyone here decided on St. Georges's or are they conflicting between?
Original post by Grad_Medic
Is everyone here decided on St. Georges's or are they conflicting between?

I'm still waiting on Notts but I'm 99.9% sure I'll accept St Georges. I can just commute into tooting and keep my part time job. What about you?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
what is everyone on the waiting list doing regarding accommodation?
Original post by Pepeh4nds
I'm still waiting on Notts but I'm 99.9% sure I'll accept St Georges. I can just commute into tooting and keep my part time job. What about you?

I'm similar to you :smile: still waiting on Notts, I had an offer from St. Andrews and Swansea too. St. Andrews is a no as its very far for me, but i'm usnure between Swansea and St. Georges (and Nottingham if I'm lucky, don't think I'll get an offer though!:confused:)
Original post by Grad_Medic
I'm similar to you :smile: still waiting on Notts, I had an offer from St. Andrews and Swansea too. St. Andrews is a no as its very far for me, but i'm usnure between Swansea and St. Georges (and Nottingham if I'm lucky, don't think I'll get an offer though!:confused:)

I understand. I also have an offer from St Andrews but their offer is conditional so I'm not going to risk it. What university you leaning to the most?
Original post by Pepeh4nds
I understand. I also have an offer from St Andrews but their offer is conditional so I'm not going to risk it. What university you leaning to the most?

Thats's amazing well done! I wonder if I met you on the St. Andrews interview day, was your interview on the 24th at 10:15 by any chance? :smile: I'm leaning towards Swansea because of the early clinical experience, I can't wait to see a patient and I'm worried that with the other course that won't happen until third year.
Heyyy everyone ! V excited to meet in person later this year :-). My offer is conditional on getting a B at A-level in June (as my previous education is more than 5 years ago). Hopefully I can do this :-) with a bit of luck.

Does anyone know a current Year 1 student ? I'd like to see the yearly timetable, to assess whether it might be feasible to keep a part-time job, or not...

H
Congratulations everyone! Waiting for notts but pretty sure SGUL is my first choice. That being said, Notts is a pretty amazing school so it'll be hard to turn down if the offer comes through
So excited to finally start GEM in September! I know these are the term dates for SGUL: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/for-students/your-academic-life/term-dates/term-dates-for-undergraduate-courses

I've offers from Swansea and Ulster too but waiting to hear back from Notts. Pretty sure I'll accept SGUL.
I wonder if SGUL will put all us offer holders in contact with one another? Similar to what Swansea have done by creating an FB group and whatsapp chat. Would be useful!
Original post by UKtoJapan
Congratulations everyone! Waiting for notts but pretty sure SGUL is my first choice. That being said, Notts is a pretty amazing school so it'll be hard to turn down if the offer comes through

I've heard that the first 18 months at Derby can be very isolating as its quite dead...
Reply 15
Original post by sarahstudies97
I wonder if SGUL will put all us offer holders in contact with one another? Similar to what Swansea have done by creating an FB group and whatsapp chat. Would be useful!

Yeah it would! It would also help with house hunting, which is going to be a nightmare at the moment. Anybody else looking to share a place?
Hi, anyone have any idea of what the daily timetable on the gem course is like? Looking to commute but it’s 3 hours each way. It’s manageable if it’s a 9am or even 10am start and 5pm finish. Anyone know someone who is currently studying there?
Original post by The old gem
Hi, anyone have any idea of what the daily timetable on the gem course is like? Looking to commute but it’s 3 hours each way. It’s manageable if it’s a 9am or even 10am start and 5pm finish. Anyone know someone who is currently studying there?

Have exactly the same question ! It would be ideal to see the daily timetable of GEM year 1 to make informed decisions for next year...
Reply 18
Original post by skalahak
Have exactly the same question ! It would be ideal to see the daily timetable of GEM year 1 to make informed decisions for next year...

Same here!
Reply 19
Original post by skalahak

Same here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending