The Student Room Group

Switching from January '24 to September '23 Admission

Hey everyone!

I applied to the University of Aberdeen and selected a September 2023 start date. In July of 2023 I was admitted (just one week after applying!), but I was given a start date of January 2024.

As an international student, I thought that it may be due to visa reasons. I've sent an email to admissions to request a September 2023 start date but I have not heard anything in about 48 hours.

Does anybody know whether a request like mine has ever been granted?

Thanks for the help!

Note: If you are a MSc Information Technology offer holder and would like to switch your September start date for a January date, maybe we can figure something out with admissions...
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by azizhayat37
Hey everyone!

I applied to the University of Aberdeen and selected a September 2023 start date. In July of 2023 I was admitted (just one week after applying!), but I was given a start date of January 2024.

As an international student, I thought that it may be due to visa reasons. I've sent an email to admissions to request a September 2023 start date but I have not heard anything in about 48 hours.

Does anybody know whether a request like mine has ever been granted?

Thanks for the help!

Note: If you are a MSc Information Technology offer holder and would like to switch your September start date for a January date, maybe we can figure something out with admissions...

Hi @azizhayat37! Our Admissions team are experiencing a very high volume of messages at the moment, so I apologise for the delay in getting back to you, but it does sometimes take more than 48 hours.
I would recommend keeping an eye on your inbox as they will get back to you as soon as is possible with next steps.
You would not be able to "swap" your offer with another applicant, as our procedures for giving offers does not really work in a way that make that an option - whatever the reason for you being offered a January entry point.

Hoping for a quick solution from the Admissions Team -

Adam - Enquiry Team
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending