The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

there is nothing wrong being a homosexual - it's just a difference of sexual orientation. We are ALL still humans - remember this. I think those homophobes have not understood that homosexuals are actually normal human beings. They just like individuals of the same-sex and there's nothign wrong with them because we're still loving humans.
Reply 141
piemonster411
Well done, u have obviously managed to get to grips with the very difficult concept of contraception

CONTRACEPTION ???
piemonster411
You contradict yourself here

So here u say that procreation doesnt mean having sex

Here u say that different sexes need to have sex in order to procreate - hence it does mean having sex

Well done, u have obviously managed to get to grips with the very difficult concept of contraception

Ummm, is this guy serious?
He said "Now, procreate doesn't mean different sexes having sex does it?
"

ie procreation isn't the specific act of having hetrosexual sex, it is the act of REPRODUCING by sex

he didn't contradict himself, and wasn't wrong
To procreate you have to have sex.
If you are to procreate you have to have sex.
So if you are procreating then you must be having sex.

So he was wrong
piemonster411

Wrong. Obviously you haven't heard of a male, who is infertile and in a heterosexual relationship, has his partner fertiilised with a sperm donor's semen.

piemonster411

As above.

piemonster411

No.
NDGAARONDI
Wrong. Obviously you haven't heard of a male, who is infertile and in a heterosexual relationship, has his partner fertiilised with a sperm donor's semen.

Yes but this isnt an act of reproduction then on his behalf. Strictly he is not procreating. The sperm donor and his wife are. So here to procreate the wife and donor have to have sex (in a non-physical way) to procreate i.e. his semen and her egg are going to produce the child but they do not need to have sexual intercourse to achieve this.

So yes i spose you can procreate without having sexual intercourse.
Reply 146
piemonster411

So he was wrong

I didn't deny any of these points. My point was (and I'm sorry you just can't get it) that an act of sex does not necessarily equal an act of procreation. In simple language a fcuk does not always equal a baby. Still struggling?
Howard
I didn't deny any of these points. My point was (and I'm sorry you just can't get it) that an act of sex does not necessarily equal an act of procreation. In simple language a fcuk does not always equal a baby. Still struggling?

I did not struggle with your post. In fact you seem to be struggling to keep up with the thread. I acknowledged several posts before my feelings of admiration for you on being able to make such a complex point. Well done.

On a separate note do you really think it necessary or appropriate to continue swearing at me. Although it does make you look cool and hard it is really a bit gratuitous.
Reply 148
piemonster411

On a separate note do you really think it necessary or appropriate to continue swearing at me.

Most certainly.
Howard
Most certainly.

is that because you cant argue or write effectively and so have to resort to such low level language to get your point across?
piemonster411
So yes i spose you can procreate without having sexual intercourse.

Yes.

Incidently, why do you have two gays swapping saliva as your avator for? I thought they were sub-human because they cannot procreate :confused:
Lmao this thread has become hilarious since I last read!!

Piemonster - accept that Howard is not contradicting himself, you're making yourself look ridiculous...

A summary of the last two pages, showing your lunacy:
Gentilhomme said "the whole essence of sex is to procreate"; Howard (and I) pointed out that many (non-homosexual) sexual acts do not procreate; so Gentilhomme changed his definition of "procreation" to "two opposite-sex people having sex" (post 130), which is far from equivalent. Howard then gave the correct definition of procreation.

Re: your post (146) - there was no contradiction. Procreation does not mean sex, it is the possible result of some sexual acts.

Re: your post (151) - your argument works (provided you count artificial insemination etc as 'conception but not procreation')but the conclusion ("so if you are procreating then you must be having sex") does not prove Howard wrong...to do that you would have to achieve the much more difficult task of proving that "if you are having sex then you must be procreating", which is what Howard was denying.

Anyway, I believe Gentilhomme is yet to reappear and confirm that he is willing to define the sole aim of sex to be procreation and thus accept the consequences outlined in posts 128 (&129? from memory...). Because if he's relying on the 'fun' argument then that really doesn't rule out homosexual sex.

ZarathustraX

(Apologies to Howard if I have accidentally misrepresented you in the above).

EDIT: NDGAARONDI, I was wondering that too :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Yes.

Incidently, why do you have two gays swapping saliva as your avator for? I thought they were sub-human because they cannot procreate :confused:

When did i say they were sub-human?

In avatar they are not gay
piemonster411
In avatar they are not gay

Two women kissing aren't they?
I know this isn't relevant, but on a music album of mine there is the following named song;
Hobophobic; Fear of Bums - hehe :smile:
NDGAARONDI
Two women kissing aren't they?

It was Britney and Madonna
piemonster411
It was Britney and Madonna

Don't you find such behaviour disgusting?
Zarathustra
Lmao this thread has become hilarious since I last read!!

Piemonster - accept that Howard is not contradicting himself, you're making yourself look ridiculous...

A summary of the last two pages, showing your lunacy:
Gentilhomme said "the whole essence of sex is to procreate"; Howard (and I) pointed out that many (non-homosexual) sexual acts do not procreate; so Gentilhomme changed his definition of "procreation" to "two opposite-sex people having sex" (post 130), which is far from equivalent. Howard then gave the correct definition of procreation.

Re: your post (146) - there was no contradiction. Procreation does not mean sex, it is the possible result of some sexual acts.

Re: your post (151) - your argument works (provided you count artificial insemination etc as 'conception but not procreation')but the conclusion ("so if you are procreating then you must be having sex") does not prove Howard wrong...to do that you would have to achieve the much more difficult task of proving that "if you are having sex then you must be procreating", which is what Howard was denying.

Anyway, I believe Gentilhomme is yet to reappear and confirm that he is willing to define the sole aim of sex to be procreation and thus accept the consequences outlined in posts 128 (&129? from memory...). Because if he's relying on the 'fun' argument then that really doesn't rule out homosexual sex.

ZarathustraX

(Apologies to Howard if I have accidentally misrepresented you in the above).

EDIT: NDGAARONDI, I was wondering that too :rolleyes:

Yes, ZarathustraX my posts have displayed complete lunacy and i appear to have been conducting myself in, as you say, a ridiculous manner
here

i am sorry for any offence caused and in future will try to construct my arguments with less loony parts
NDGAARONDI

no i dont, do you think i should?
Reply 159
NDGAARONDI

yep...but you knew that already :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending