The Student Room Group

March 2023 Cambridge Mature Colleges Round - Anybody?:-)

Hello! Just wanted to create a new forum to talk with mature students that have also applied this round! Good luck!! What’s everyone applied for and how are you all feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Heya, I have applied for MML in Wolfson. I am feeling quite excited to hear their decision. I am not that hopeful as I did not perform great in interview but still have my fingers crossed. Don't suppose anyone knows. when we might hear from them?
I applied for English at Wolfson. I think the interview went about as well as could be expected, i.e I only embarassed myself a few times and there are only a few things I think about where I go "Wait no, I should have said - obviously - that", so I'd rate that about a 6-7/10. I think I moderately screwed the CELAT admissions test, but I don't think that's an especially important component. I don't expect to get in, but the experience as a whole has already been fairly rewarding.
Original post by TheVicarofDibley
Heya, I have applied for MML in Wolfson. I am feeling quite excited to hear their decision. I am not that hopeful as I did not perform great in interview but still have my fingers crossed. Don't suppose anyone knows. when we might hear from them?

In the pinned thread an admissions tutor for St Edmunds said something like April 23rd, but their suggested date for the interviews was also a bit later so I would suggest sometime in the next fortnight.
Original post by SummaryElocution
In the pinned thread an admissions tutor for St Edmunds said something like April 23rd, but their suggested date for the interviews was also a bit later so I would suggest sometime in the next fortnight.

Oh I see, I will just have to try and forget about it. I thought I read April 8th in the 2022 thread. I had convinced myself that it was going to be today, every time my phone beeped I was snatching it up.
How's everyone feeling about their interview performance? I think mine went okay, but I'll have to see!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! Just wanted to create a new forum to talk with mature students that have also applied this round! Good luck!! What’s everyone applied for and how are you all feeling?

I applied for math at St Edmund's. I am holding a conditional offer currently, which requires me to obtain a 1,1 on both STEP 2 and 3.
I applied for math at St Edmund's. I am holding a conditional offer currently, which requires me to obtain a 1,1 on both STEP 2 and 3.

When did you recieve your offer, if you don't mind me asking?
Hi, I received my offer on the 19th of April.
(Original post by Anonymous)Hi, I received my offer on the 19th of April.

When were you interviewed?

Hi, I received my offer on the 19th of April.
Haha my bad, I didn't read the question carefully. I was actually interviewed on the same day too.
Haha my bad, I didn't read the question carefully. I was actually interviewed on the same day too.

Wow that was quick! I was interviewed on the 17th and am supposed to hear back by the end of the week apparently.
Wow that was quick! I was interviewed on the 17th and am supposed to hear back by the end of the week apparently.

All the best! What course did you apply for?
Theology!
Has anyone heard back? Anxiously waiting to receive my decision
Has anyone heard back? Anxiously waiting to receive my decision

I received my offer on the 24th. But I still haven't actually got it on UCAS - very frustrating! I expect you'll hear back for whatever your course is in the next day or two.
I received my offer on the 24th. But I still haven't actually got it on UCAS - very frustrating! I expect you'll hear back for whatever your course is in the next day or two.

Apparently I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow and I'm terrified!
Original post by isabelleculy123
Apparently I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow and I'm terrified!

I'm sure it'll be fine. At any rate the anxiety is brief if it comes by email first, because the rejection/offer ought to be in the subject heading. Unlike UCAS where you just get "UCAS offer updated", then navigate to UCAS, then try to log in, then go to your application, then your courses, and then you finally see the outcome.

What have you applied for?
I'm sure it'll be fine. At any rate the anxiety is brief if it comes by email first, because the rejection/offer ought to be in the subject heading. Unlike UCAS where you just get "UCAS offer updated", then navigate to UCAS, then try to log in, then go to your application, then your courses, and then you finally see the outcome.

What have you applied for?

Thank you. I applied to study TRPR. My interviews went decent although I floundered at times, so I’m really not sure if I’ll receive an offer or not. Regardless, I’m glad I did my best and have Durham under my belt if I don’t get in!
Okay so I was pooled but none of the colleges took my application further. I’m sad, because I would have been offered a place if they hadn’t filled capacity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending