The Student Room Group

Current or past human science students

Hi. My daughter wants to do human science at Oxford but doesn’t have A level maths and she’s worried that she might struggle with the maths components of the course. Can anyone please give an idea of the difficulty level for maths? A level or GCSE level required? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Sunnyclimes
Hi. My daughter wants to do human science at Oxford but doesn’t have A level maths and she’s worried that she might struggle with the maths components of the course. Can anyone please give an idea of the difficulty level for maths? A level or GCSE level required? Thanks

Hi! I currently study Human Sciences at Oxford and I didn't do A-level maths. A lot of the maths part of the course has been replaced by coding so we don't need to complete complex equations anymore but know how to code them instead. This has it's own challenges of course, with learning coding being quite difficult, but pretty much everyone, regardless of A-level choices, struggles at first.
Sometimes those who did A-level maths have an advantage (as some lectures use A-level maths terminology, for example) but you can definetely do the course with just a maths gcse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending