The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

stirling university

Hi all,
I've gotten 2 offers from stirling for this year, and i'm just wondering all the basics as i am from england and cannot go visit the town. If anyone knows anything about the nightlife, accomadation, any good or bad things about the town? Or just Scotland in general am I in for a big culture shock??
Reply 1
Original post by evielee244
Hi all,
I've gotten 2 offers from stirling for this year, and i'm just wondering all the basics as i am from england and cannot go visit the town. If anyone knows anything about the nightlife, accomadation, any good or bad things about the town? Or just Scotland in general am I in for a big culture shock??

Hi!! what are you going to be studying there?? i’m going there to study english and history!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
You are going to love being up here. I am from England but moved to Scotland in 2011. Stirling is a beautiful part of Scotland, and you will see this for yourself when you come to campus. I have had two offers from the uni. I'm not sure about the nightlife or accommodation, but there's a reasonable choice of shops in Stirling. Whereabouts are you moving from? I'm just outside of Glasgow, so about a 45-minute drive for me to campus.
Hi all,
I've gotten 2 offers from stirling for this year, and i'm just wondering all the basics as I am from england and cannot go visit the town. If anyone knows anything about the nightlife, accomadation, any good or bad things about the town? Or just Scotland in general am I in for a big culture shock??
Hi all,

hey, I am kinda in the same boat as you. I have accepted it as a firm choice to go to this year and i am from london so its a massive difference. I went to visit and stayed a few days and honestly its the best. Direct trains from Edinburgh or Glasgow and pretty much everything you need will be there. If you want you can add my insta and we can talk there :smile:

Ig - kvnathwani
I'm in stirling now and if youre from a big city it migh be a bit of a shock, but hopefully positive. Nightlife-wise at the moment there is only one club and quite few pubs, but it's always a good atmosphere anywhere you go. From time to time there is also parties/small raves in other venues. I would recommend joining sports clubs whic often organise socials etc. Also, Glasgow is not far, its just a short train ride.
When it comes to accomodation there is plenty to choose from. On-campus accommodation is very close to study buildings and I've had plenty of parties in here. Next year I'm going to the city accomodation which is close to all of the shops and pubs.
You can travel easily between the campus and the city centre by a bus which costs £1.50 if you don't have a discount and runs until late hours.
Also I should say the campus is beautiful and it has lots of places to go for a walk.

Feel free to drop me any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest