The Student Room Group

Edinburgh - MSc Applied Psych for Children and Young People

Hi! I wondered if anyone on here has successfully applied to the University of Edinburgh's MSc in Applied Psychology for Children and Young People: https://www.ed.ac.uk/health/subject-areas/clinical-psychology/postgraduate-taught/msc-applied-psychology
I understand the entry requirements are simply to have a right to work in the UK, a registered psych degree of 2:1, eligible for BPS accreditation, a genuine interest in working with children and young people. I have all of these except I'm in the final year of my undergraduate degree at Stirling, expected to graduate with a first.
Experience-wise: I have no clinical experience and haven't ever worked in psychology before. I have experience minding children from ages 3 to 12 and am currently volunteering at a charity for children and young people during their play and support sessions, working one on one with the young people. By the end of this semester I'll have 50 hours minimum experience. I genuinely really love working with kids and young people.
For other stuff, I've also completed a study abroad semester at the University of Waikato in New Zealand, done a lot of volunteering, over 2 years experience working (3 different jobs) and entered Stirling in Year 2 through Advanced Standing Entry. In Stirling and Waikato I've completed courses on adolescent development and counselling methods.
How are my chances looking for getting accepted? I'd love to hear from anyone who's successfully got in - I understand it's a competitive course and there's an interview process! Any information would be SO appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest