The Student Room Group

transferring uni in 4th year

Hi,so I'm a french and Spanish student at the university of Stirling. Overall I haven't enjoyed my time at Stirling throughout, facing academic, financial and mental/physcial health difficulties during my time there. Also since I am a languages student I have spent 1.5 yrs completing a work placement and studying for a semester as a compulsory part of my course. I would really like to get away from Stirling and live and study in Glasgow next year. I started university in 2019 but this September I am due to have my 4th and final year, does anyone know if this is possible? or who I should contact. Thanks in advance!
Hi @Anonymous #1

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through. I admire that you are strong in character as you are looking for solutions to complete your degree despite the challenges that you have faced so far.

The best advice I would give you is to contact your current university and ask if they allow transfers in the final year. From there, you will be able to contact the university you are interested in to ask if you can do admission via a transfer.

Best wishes,
Minkateko - University of Essex Online Student Ambassador :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,so I'm a french and Spanish student at the university of Stirling. Overall I haven't enjoyed my time at Stirling throughout, facing academic, financial and mental/physcial health difficulties during my time there. Also since I am a languages student I have spent 1.5 yrs completing a work placement and studying for a semester as a compulsory part of my course. I would really like to get away from Stirling and live and study in Glasgow next year. I started university in 2019 but this September I am due to have my 4th and final year, does anyone know if this is possible? or who I should contact. Thanks in advance!

There’s a Transfer FAQ that explains the process. You should note that final year transfers are uncommon.

(And just to remark that your current uni doesn’t determine whether transferring out is permitted. Speak to the uni you want to go to.)
(edited 8 months ago)
Honestly I think you would struggle to find a uni that will accept a transfer for final year, other than OU or top-up courses. Given there's only one year left it may just be more practical to finish the course off and then look at studying elsewhere as a postgraduate, if that was your aim.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
There’s a Transfer FAQ that explains the process. You should note that final year transfers are uncommon.

(And just to remark that your current uni doesn’t determine whether transferring out is permitted. Speak to the uni you want to go to.)

Thanks for the advice! the Transfer FAQ link isn't working I' m not sure why :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the advice! the Transfer FAQ link isn't working I' m not sure why :smile:

Apologies, try this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending