The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Student jobs Kingston University offers!🤑

Leading up to the start of University at Kingston I had already started thinking about how I would get a job and how I would be able to balance with my uni hours. Luckily in my first week, the student ambassador roles were advertised throughout the university. The most tempting part of this job for me was that it's flexible and pays £12.38 an hour… we also get paid for training!! We are able to apply for jobs through this scheme whenever we are available and jobs are posted often so there are always opportunities to work! I really enjoy being a student ambassador as you meet loads of people from different campuses. The jobs you could do vary so you could either be working at our graduation days, open days or even collecting posters around campus for a few hours. It is a perfect student job and there are lots of opportunities to network with staff and be able to gain more permanent roles within the uni.

Other jobs that you could get at Kingston are working at our on-campus café's. You can get paid around £11.95 per hour and is super flexible and a great location as these jobs will cover all four of our campuses. Also advertised are content creators and designers to help promote schemes in the University, also paying £11.95 per hour.

At our on-campus art gallery in the Kingston School of Art ‘Stanley Picker’, you can get a job where you help out with exhibitions and events for around £13 an hour which would be a great experience for any art student and is great money.

Having a student job is a great way to earn money while living by yourself for possibly the first time. It is perfect to learn how to manage your time and meet lots of new people! Not only are these jobs flexible but they do pay extremely well… you can earn more money than you would at Waitrose!!! 😳

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Yasmin (BA Design Marketing) 🤑🤑
Reply 1
Original post by Kingston Reps
Leading up to the start of University at Kingston I had already started thinking about how I would get a job and how I would be able to balance with my uni hours. Luckily in my first week, the student ambassador roles were advertised throughout the university. The most tempting part of this job for me was that it's flexible and pays £12.38 an hour… we also get paid for training!! We are able to apply for jobs through this scheme whenever we are available and jobs are posted often so there are always opportunities to work! I really enjoy being a student ambassador as you meet loads of people from different campuses. The jobs you could do vary so you could either be working at our graduation days, open days or even collecting posters around campus for a few hours. It is a perfect student job and there are lots of opportunities to network with staff and be able to gain more permanent roles within the uni.

Other jobs that you could get at Kingston are working at our on-campus café's. You can get paid around £11.95 per hour and is super flexible and a great location as these jobs will cover all four of our campuses. Also advertised are content creators and designers to help promote schemes in the University, also paying £11.95 per hour.

At our on-campus art gallery in the Kingston School of Art ‘Stanley Picker’, you can get a job where you help out with exhibitions and events for around £13 an hour which would be a great experience for any art student and is great money.

Having a student job is a great way to earn money while living by yourself for possibly the first time. It is perfect to learn how to manage your time and meet lots of new people! Not only are these jobs flexible but they do pay extremely well… you can earn more money than you would at Waitrose!!! 😳

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Yasmin (BA Design Marketing) 🤑🤑

Hello - what is the best way to apply for Student Jobs when you are a study abroad student? Is there a student career fair, or something during welcome week that fast tracks students to campus jobs? My concern is that I won't be able to really start working towards this until I am in the country and it takes weeks to finish the process. I'd really like to do anything I can to be able to start work as soon as possible when I arrive on campus.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Hi @cwacaster!

For most people, the student employment process usually only begins to take place after you've arrived and officially enrolled as a student at Kingston - if you're interested in working for the university as quickly as possible, applications to become a Student Ambassador usually open in late September to mid October - so only a week or two into the first term!

Otherwise, the best thing to do is set up a Handshake profile when you arrive and check out any job opportunities being advertised at the Fresher's Fair.

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending