The Student Room Group

What to do with my offers

Hi guys. I am a second-year student, who is now holding two placement offers from two different companies. I personally prefer company A more than company B, as company A is a subsidiary company of a well-known brand, while company B is a relatively smaller multinational company. I am waiting for the paperwork from Company A, however, my placement advisor just informed me that they could not accredit my placement year if I go with Company A, given that company A is a new company and they could not provide sufficient financial records. They are worried that if the company went bankrupt, I would then lose my placement year. I am not sure what should I do, but I would like to go with company A regardless, as they have a clearer career progression within the company, and I love the vibe of the interviewer (who will very likely be my manager in my placement year). If I could not get my placement year accredited, should I just take a gap year?
Original post by blackpinkkkk
Hi guys. I am a second-year student, who is now holding two placement offers from two different companies. I personally prefer company A more than company B, as company A is a subsidiary company of a well-known brand, while company B is a relatively smaller multinational company. I am waiting for the paperwork from Company A, however, my placement advisor just informed me that they could not accredit my placement year if I go with Company A, given that company A is a new company and they could not provide sufficient financial records. They are worried that if the company went bankrupt, I would then lose my placement year. I am not sure what should I do, but I would like to go with company A regardless, as they have a clearer career progression within the company, and I love the vibe of the interviewer (who will very likely be my manager in my placement year). If I could not get my placement year accredited, should I just take a gap year?

Why do you need the placement year accredited? Does it count towards your degree? If not I say go with the company you want anyways because even if it is not accredited, it will still be in your CV. Which is the biggest plus point from a placement
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Why do you need the placement year accredited? Does it count towards your degree? If not I say go with the company you want anyways because even if it is not accredited, it will still be in your CV. Which is the biggest plus point from a placement

Hi, thanks for the reply and yes, it is part of my degree. The title of my degree is Accounting and Finance with Placement year, so technically if my placement year is not accredited, then the title will be Accounting and Finance only. I am not sure if there is a big impact on this change tho.
Original post by blackpinkkkk
Hi, thanks for the reply and yes, it is part of my degree. The title of my degree is Accounting and Finance with Placement year, so technically if my placement year is not accredited, then the title will be Accounting and Finance only. I am not sure if there is a big impact on this change tho.

So why not just graduate from Accounting and Finance BSc degree only. What difference does it make in reality? unless they mark you down for some reason. Although it may have financial consequences in terms of paying council tax.

You still have the 12 month placement experience.
I think you should enquire if you can still do the placement that is unaccredited could u just change to the Accounting and Finance degree without placement? The main thing is the experience not your transcript that says "X degree with placement".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending