The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL 2023 Undergraduate Applicants Thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for UCL applicants, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

To get things going:
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3 - Why UCL?
4 - What other unis are you applying for?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to the mods in Ask The Community Staff.

Tracking forms have been set up so people can see when offers are being given out. Do not enter any identifying information on this form.

If you hear back from UCL, please enter your details on this form:
Entry Form

Results should then show on this spreadsheet:
Results Spreadsheet
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

1 - What course are you applying for? Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Maths, History and English.
3 - Why UCL? It is in London and is a very prestigious university which offers PPE. The requirement for an A* in A-Level maths inclines me to believe the course is economics heavy and Maths is very important in it.
4 - What other unis are you applying for? Oxford, LSE, KCL, Warwick
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Electrical and electronic engineering
Further maths, maths and physics (A* A* A*)
3 - Why UCL?
Love the location! Pretty decent for engineering

Imperial, Southampton, QMUL and Durham
(edited 1 year ago)
As an incoming fresher of UCL this year, I just want to wish you guys the best of luck with your application! <3 hopefully we will be seeing you next September
Reply 4
Medicine
Biology, Psychology, Chemistry (A*A*A)
3 - Why UCL?
Amazing course structure and location.

KCL, Oxford, St George's and Imperial, but UCL is my first choice.
1 - What course are you applying for? Law (LLB)
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Psychology, Geography, Sociology (A*,A*,A*)
3 - Why UCL? Why not? It's in London so its a good commute from home and the course structure is decent
4 - What other unis are you applying for? KCL, Queen Mary, SOAS (might swap with LSE), Oxford (doubt I'm getting in)
1 - What course are you applying for? Pharmacy!!
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Bio, chem, maths (A*AA)
3 - Why UCL? London!! Good opportunities, course structure etc
4 - What other unis are you applying for? Birmingham Nottingham Aston Cardiff
1 - What course are you applying for? PPE

2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Maths, History, Economics A*AA

3 - Why UCL? Perfect location, I like how you can focus on two subjects as I prefer politics and econ, Course content looks interesting, Russel Group uni, Can study a language course I'm interested in :smile:

Oxford -PPE
LSE (Politics and Econ)
Warwick PPE - offer 25th Oct!!
Kings (PPE)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Guys, is anyone applying to computer science with a foundation year?
1) PPE
2) Maths, Mandarin, History, Econ (A*,A*,A,A)
3) Academically sound and also you can do a year abroad unlike Oxford
4) Oxford, Kings, Warwick, Edinburgh/York
1. Anthropology
2. History of Art, Classical Civilisation & English Literature (A*A*A*)
3. The breadth of researchers &&& good reputation. Also the year abroad.
4. LSE, Edinburgh, Durham and Sussex.
MSci Psychology

IB Predicted 45/45 HL Psy, Bio, Chem / SL Eng A Lang/Lit, AA Math, Spanish Ab Initio

3 - Why UCL?
Because of the 4-year integrated Masters program. Research. The quieter location.

Bath, Bristol, Cambridge, Warwick
Original post by blipblopbloop
1 - What course are you applying for? Law (LLB)
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Psychology, Geography, Sociology (A*,A*,A*)
3 - Why UCL? Why not? It's in London so its a good commute from home and the course structure is decent
4 - What other unis are you applying for? KCL, Queen Mary, SOAS (might swap with LSE), Oxford (doubt I'm getting in)

Yes definietly put in LSE since youre predicted are so great! goodluck with your application :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yes definietly put in LSE since youre predicted are so great! goodluck with your application :smile:

Thank you, i'll think about it!!! Good luck with yours as well :smile:
Hi all!

1 - What course are you applying for? Law
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Biology, history, spanish
3 - Why UCL? Location, ranking and year abroad
4 - What other unis are you applying for? TBC but thinking Oxford, LSE, Durham and Warwick
Hey has anyone got an acknowledgment from UCL? I submitted my UCAS on Thursday and have acknowledgements from everywhere but LSE and UCL. The website says you get one in 48 hours! :frown:
1 - What course are you applying for? Economics, Business, and East European Studies
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Economics, Mathematics, Government, Psychology, English Lit & Lang (5A* Predicted)
3 - Why UCL? I love the course, especially the EES niche.
4 - What other unis are you applying for? Oxford, LSE, Warwick, and King's.
Original post by Sofiavlaw
Hi all!

1 - What course are you applying for? Law
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Biology, history, spanish
3 - Why UCL? Location, ranking and year abroad
4 - What other unis are you applying for? TBC but thinking Oxford, LSE, Durham and Warwick

Those are great uni choices goodluck with your application but what would be your back up option considering they're all competitive?
Original post by Cant.be.asked
Those are great uni choices goodluck with your application but what would be your back up option considering they're all competitive?

I’m struggling with this question actually as I’m unsure if I should change one for Exeter/ York. My only problem is that I’m not sure I’d want to attend even if I got in. Whilst you need a reserve you also need to be happy with your reserve choice and see yourself studying there. It’s a difficult question and I’m still struggling to answer it, I’m going to look into other courses in the coming weeks and decide.
Original post by Sofiavlaw
I’m struggling with this question actually as I’m unsure if I should change one for Exeter/ York. My only problem is that I’m not sure I’d want to attend even if I got in. Whilst you need a reserve you also need to be happy with your reserve choice and see yourself studying there. It’s a difficult question and I’m still struggling to answer it, I’m going to look into other courses in the coming weeks and decide.

Oxford application is due next Sat. Unless you’re thinking of submitting your UCAS app in parts?

It’s too risky to apply to only the top universities. The rates of acceptance are notoriously low, and more so when the course is so competitive. You’d stand a better chance if your LNAT score is very high. I’ve a friend whose LNAT was 31 and she got offers from all London universities LSE, KCL, UCL and QMUL. The only one she was really after was Oxford but she underperformed in her interview (her words). She’s now at LSE. Predicted was A*A*A*. Actual was also A*A*A*.

Backups are ready what they are. You must still be happy to attend them. If you’re not going to be happy, then they are of no use. Choose them wisely and also adjust your expectations. Competition is stiff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending