The Student Room Group

a level salters nuffield biology scientific article help

heyy, im in yr13 rn and in biology we've just been given the scientific article for paper 3 - does anyone have any tips on like how to revise the article and all that stuff??? im doing edexcel salters nuffield for bio
literally any sort of help or advise on the article would be appreciated!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
We haven't had it released yet by our teacher. Do you have it yet?
Reply 3
yeah, it was published by the exam board a few weeks ago
Original post by user_5678
heyy, im in yr13 rn and in biology we've just been given the scientific article for paper 3 - does anyone have any tips on like how to revise the article and all that stuff??? im doing edexcel salters nuffield for bio

Hey, is the title for this article microbia, gut brain axis and the central nervous system?
Reply 5
Original post by Annie24_
Hey, is the title for this article microbia, gut brain axis and the central nervous system?

what my teacher gave my whole class is about photosynthesis and chlorophyll and all that
what my teacher gave my whole class is about photosynthesis and chlorophyll and all that

Thankyou, I am a resit, so if you have predicted topic questions and a mark
scheme on the article from your teacher, could you please send it me, if that's okay?
Reply 7
Original post by Annie24_
Thankyou, I am a resit, so if you have predicted topic questions and a mark
scheme on the article from your teacher, could you please send it me, if that's okay?

We've only been given the article
You can purchase predicted questions and answers on the website tes, check it out
Reply 9

Hi,
I’m also in Y13 sitting biology this year. What we mostly did with the articles is try to find any topics that were in the article. E.g. photosynthesis and try to answer questions on them. Also, knowing definitions on words you may not understand. I was looking at past exam questions on articles and they usually require you to draw on your own knowledge. E.g if the article mentioned something abut immune response, a question may ask you how immune response is triggered. So make sure you know all the topics mentioned in the article. The questions are usually application questions so try to practice as many application questions you can.
Good luck
I hope this was helpful 😭

hi ive craeted a google docs where people are sharing their predictions for paper 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lnn04XewbLxigzHHy-WgfDfmYPnTilcQbn7sQ4UTHck/edit?usp=sharing
Reply 11
anyone have predictions for 9 markers?

Quick Reply

Latest