The Student Room Group

Is Salters-Nuffield Biology A level bad/less preferred by universities?

I'm interested in applying to Russel group universities for either Biochemistry or Neuroscience but I do Salters-Nuffield Edexcel Biology and I have heard it be referred to as "untraditional" and less preferred.

I also compared the specification to Eduqas Biology and it looks like it misses out on a lot of content e.g. the kidneys (correct me if I'm wrong). It also seems to go in depth on really specific to diseases like cystic fibrosis etc rather than covering more information and I can't seem to understand why.

Should I try changing college and Exam Board before it's too late?
Original post by _tiana
I'm interested in applying to Russel group universities for either Biochemistry or Neuroscience but I do Salters-Nuffield Edexcel Biology and I have heard it be referred to as "untraditional" and less preferred.

I also compared the specification to Eduqas Biology and it looks like it misses out on a lot of content e.g. the kidneys (correct me if I'm wrong). It also seems to go in depth on really specific to diseases like cystic fibrosis etc rather than covering more information and I can't seem to understand why.

Should I try changing college and Exam Board before it's too late?

Hey, I'm also doing SNAB too!

Okay so, I have a friend in uni. She found that some stuff she knew more about because it was covered by salters-nuffield, but she struggled on some concepts because the exam board didn't cover it.

Idk about the whole russel group thing. But my friend got into a russel group uni having done Edexcel Salters-Nuffield.

Quick Reply

Latest