The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

UoB accom

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone who already goes to Bristol could give some advice about accomodation . Is stoke bishop worth the hype as I don’t think i could travel all that way to and from the city centre all the time/ to campus? But at the same time I dont want to miss out by being in east/west village. I’d rather have en-suite and self catered , what are the best/ most social east and West village accoms?
Heya anon, my friend stays at stoke bishop currently and manages the commute pretty well.

The accommodation there itself looks pretty damn fancy but is quite old and dingy in places (on about Will's Hall). The catered situation is also a bit crap, in that they don't cater all week, and the kitchen facilities are a little lacking for when you have to cook for yourself.
I can tell you that The Hawthorns is a serious trap! Just about liveable, but avoid at all costs IMO! The place is ancient as all hell - falling apart too.
Some I can recommend via friends or seeing myself is The Courtrooms or the one on near Park Row - those are modern and super nice (close to the campus as well).
Best of luck anyway with starting Bristol this sept I assume :h:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Thank you so much! Do you think you could ask your friend which east/west village ones they would recommend?

Original post by MosesSHTAR
Heya anon, my friend stays at stoke bishop currently and manages the commute pretty well.

The accommodation there itself looks pretty damn fancy but is quite old and dingy in places (on about Will's Hall). The catered situation is also a bit crap, in that they don't cater all week, and the kitchen facilities are a little lacking for when you have to cook for yourself.
I can tell you that The Hawthorns is a serious trap! Just about liveable, but avoid at all costs IMO! The place is ancient as all hell - falling apart too.
Some I can recommend via friends or seeing myself is The Courtrooms or the one on near Park Row - those are modern and super nice (close to the campus as well).
Best of luck anyway with starting Bristol this sept I assume :h:
I highly recommend Goldney/Manor in west village. Most of my friends are in Goldney and the people there are really nice. I'm at stoke bishop now and it's definitely cliquier than I thought and it can be hard to fit in. The commute is annoying but bearable. I wouldn't say you're missing out in west village, I go out with my friends every week at least, and their flat I hear as well. Don't think any in west village are en suite though.

East village might be a bit more quiet but you can always make friends in lectures etc.
Original post by user2456532
I highly recommend Goldney/Manor in west village. Most of my friends are in Goldney and the people there are really nice. I'm at stoke bishop now and it's definitely cliquier than I thought and it can be hard to fit in. The commute is annoying but bearable. I wouldn't say you're missing out in west village, I go out with my friends every week at least, and their flat I hear as well. Don't think any in west village are en suite though.
East village might be a bit more quiet but you can always make friends in lectures etc.

Hi do you know if Richmond Terrace and Brunel are sociable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending