The Student Room Group

Switching university

Hi, I just got my A level results and I missed my offer by one grade so I’m studying at Aston instead of University of Birmingham for computer science. I do still really want to study at UOB but don’t want to take a gap year to resit, if I study for one year at Aston and get a first can I then transfer onto UOBs course for computer science?
Potentially yes, it will depend on the modules you do at Aston and if UOB are happy to transfer the credits over to cover the first year at UOB. You might not even need the A to join second year as they may take you on experience, but this really is a case by case and university by university basis so you'd need to triple check with them directly. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Potentially yes, it will depend on the modules you do at Aston and if UOB are happy to transfer the credits over to cover the first year at UOB. You might not even need the A to join second year as they may take you on experience, but this really is a case by case and university by university basis so you'd need to triple check with them directly. :smile:

So I could potentially join in UOB for second year or would they make me redo first year?
Original post by Anonymous
So I could potentially join in UOB for second year or would they make me redo first year?

Yes you can apply to go directly into second year but this is where you need the modules to line up between the courses and check that UOB would accept you with those modules. They may ask for an the A but it's not definite.

Best thing would be to speak to UOB as only their admissions team will be able to make an accurate decision on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending