The Student Room Group

Work experience in Vet clinic

I am emailing a vet clinic for work experience
Would it be rude to ask to attend from 4pm-7pm?
Their opening and closing time is 9am-7pm
However with school, I finish at 3pm on some days and the journey is around 40 mins by bus.

Also, would you recommend attending everyday (mon-fri) or attending 2x a week, over a few months?
No definitely not rude! They would know you are still in school, hence can't make the whole day, so they should be understanding.
In terms of how many days etc, that is up to you, but just make sure you get the hours you need!
I spent a whole year going from 4-7 on one day every week so definitely not rude but they had almost always finished with all of the surgeries for the day so you may need some full days during the holidays as well to see stuff!
Original post by farhanareiss
I am emailing a vet clinic for work experience
Would it be rude to ask to attend from 4pm-7pm?
Their opening and closing time is 9am-7pm
However with school, I finish at 3pm on some days and the journey is around 40 mins by bus.

Also, would you recommend attending everyday (mon-fri) or attending 2x a week, over a few months?

Not rude at all! I did 1-5 on a wednesday afternoon as my sixth form let me go in year 12 instead of PE (we still had to do PE in year 12!). I did one day a week for a few months. Its really up to you as to what would suit your life better. As someone else mentioned, surgeries are generally in the morning so it will probably be consultations and general prep jobs
Original post by jasmineflowers
I spent a whole year going from 4-7 on one day every week so definitely not rude but they had almost always finished with all of the surgeries for the day so you may need some full days during the holidays as well to see stuff!

Ahhh thank you i didn't know surgeries are usually done in the morning, I'll spend some time doing more work experience during the summer then. Thanks !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending