The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Thinking of encouraging my yp to reject Lincoln

He’s been excited to go and I thought it was the right decision, but a conversation I’ve seen today online, not by students, has made me think it’s not the right choice and he should reconsider. Is it the happy and welcoming place I thought it was or is there an undercurrent of nastiness? I just don’t know 🤔
Original post by Anonymous
He’s been excited to go and I thought it was the right decision, but a conversation I’ve seen today online, not by students, has made me think it’s not the right choice and he should reconsider. Is it the happy and welcoming place I thought it was or is there an undercurrent of nastiness? I just don’t know 🤔

Hi there,

I am really sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience online. This is not something we find acceptable, and we do not want our students, prospective students and their parents/guardians to experience. I would like to assure you that we have a very supportive community within the University and the wider city.

Best wishes,
Olivia
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I think parents and guardians should think very carefully about asking questions online. Sometimes this brings out the true characters of some people and it discourages others from asking, especially as the moderation is not great. It’s something I’m going to have to really think about now, whereas before I was very happy that it was a good choice.

Quick Reply

Latest