The Student Room Group

GCSEs

I have just began starting to go through every detail of my GCSE content, whether I should have started earlier (I still revised but not thoroughly like I have just started) But anyway any tips in general tips on what to cover for English, Maths and Science would be greatly appreciated. My query is if I should revise the formulas for physics and what they are. In the meanwhile I am going to jot down in my notes what they are. Any help is amazing! Thanks
I hope you are ready for a long answer:biggrin:

GCSE (General Certificate of Seconddary Education)
if you have just started im guessing you are about 14. There are 2 types of subjects in GCSE: these are Optional and core subjects
Core subjects mean that you HAVE to do them and Optional means that you CAN do them (but you probbably guessed that)
The Cores are English Mathematics and Science (the science either comes in 3 [physics, biology and chemistry) ] or as a triple science)
The cores (apart from ENglish) have 2 difficulties, you dont get to chose these- the teacher chooses them based on your mock exam grades (which the teachers mark)
In relation to the physics and mathematics formulea, there is usually a formula sheet at the front of your paper.
Books id reccomend

1. CDGP- thiese books are basic revision books but they have a "human" way of talking to you
2. Science revision books
Hope this helps. anything else you need dont heasitate to ask me
Original post by Ihelppeeps
I hope you are ready for a long answer:biggrin:

GCSE (General Certificate of Seconddary Education)
if you have just started im guessing you are about 14. There are 2 types of subjects in GCSE: these are Optional and core subjects
Core subjects mean that you HAVE to do them and Optional means that you CAN do them (but you probbably guessed that)
The Cores are English Mathematics and Science (the science either comes in 3 [physics, biology and chemistry) ] or as a triple science)
The cores (apart from ENglish) have 2 difficulties, you dont get to chose these- the teacher chooses them based on your mock exam grades (which the teachers mark)
In relation to the physics and mathematics formulea, there is usually a formula sheet at the front of your paper.
Books id reccomend

1. CDGP- thiese books are basic revision books but they have a "human" way of talking to you
2. Science revision books
Hope this helps. anything else you need dont heasitate to ask me

Sorry if I made out I had done no revision the whole of year 11 (I'm 16) but I have been doing revision, but as I am on my last holiday before my GCSEs I thought I go through every topic writing all the notes I need for them. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest