The Student Room Group

hi

i have always wanted to do law since i was young and im picking my a levels and im thinking of doing 4. would law english lang french and sociology be a good combination?
Reply 1
Original post by lilyhundre
i have always wanted to do law since i was young and im picking my a levels and im thinking of doing 4. would law english lang french and sociology be a good combination?

hello! firstly, based on my personal experience of taking 4 a levels for a year, it was rough and i didn't enjoy at all so i dropped down to 3 and took an AS in one instead. so personally, i wouldn't recommend taking 4 and spreading yourself to thin but equally if you think you can do it and you're passionate about those subjects then go for it. secondly, there aren't subject requirements for law, they just recommend essay subjects (which you've picked!) so that's great and you've got a good combination. honestly i know people that applied for law with some whacky subject combinations so as long as you get the grades, it doesn't really matter what you do! and finally i've also heard that law a-level isn't really needed to do a law degree since most people won't have studied it (and my school doesn't even offer it). that being said, if it interests you then go for it as i'm sure it would be great to practice writing essays with a legal framework. hopefully everything i said makes sense and that sort of helps!

Quick Reply

Latest