The Student Room Group

how to get a A for Edexcel A level geography

I'm in yr 12 and I'm really struggling to get an A on my mocks, the best I've gotten is barley a B

I've tried tips such as learn case studies inside and out and apply them but I can only get about 10/12 on my 20 markers

for my 6/8 markers I can only seem to get about 4/5

I can learn the theory quite well but when it comes to writing them in the exam I find it hard to know what to write and what to apply

especially when it comes to coasts and diverse places.

thx.
I think you solidified your ao1 (which is knowledge) and a bit of ao2 (application) but maybe you're missing marks because the application isn't developed enough. in essence I think you should start working on your exam technique, so how your structure answers and understanding the ao1 and ao2 weightings so you don't waste too much time waffling in your mocks. if you want any specific help feel free to pm me id love to help.
Original post by yupcabra23
I'm in yr 12 and I'm really struggling to get an A on my mocks, the best I've gotten is barley a B

I've tried tips such as learn case studies inside and out and apply them but I can only get about 10/12 on my 20 markers

for my 6/8 markers I can only seem to get about 4/5

I can learn the theory quite well but when it comes to writing them in the exam I find it hard to know what to write and what to apply

especially when it comes to coasts and diverse places.

thx.
Original post by xsophie64
I think you solidified your ao1 (which is knowledge) and a bit of ao2 (application) but maybe you're missing marks because the application isn't developed enough. in essence I think you should start working on your exam technique, so how your structure answers and understanding the ao1 and ao2 weightings so you don't waste too much time waffling in your mocks. if you want any specific help feel free to pm me id love to help.

thx.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending