Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

EPP at university of warwick!

EPP at Warwick, thoughts?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by zydon1
Ih ave been considering doing EPP at Warwick, does anyone have any tips for writing a personal statement that can be applied to this course?

Also, this course is only at Warwick, therefore, would I need to write different personal statements for different universities?

No, you can only write one personal statement for all unis. Warwick knows that this course is unique, so they won't be expecting your statement to be tailored towards EPP. If you are applying for say Psychology at your other unis, then it should be fine for your statement to be largely focused on that, likewise focus on Economics or Philosophy if that's what you are applying for at the other unis.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Mine was written with this course in mind. Focused mainly on Econ (applied econ for other unis) but with elements of behavioral economics and reading material to cover the Psyc elements.
Got offers from all unis applied - except Cambridge!
Reply 3
Hi, I just got an offer last week for EPP, I applied for econ in general, since I applied to other uni´s as well.

I think if you meet their entry requirements you should be good
Reply 4
Original post by Pri_1232
Hi, I just got an offer last week for EPP, I applied for econ in general, since I applied to other uni´s as well.

I think if you meet their entry requirements you should be good

Did you reference psychology a lot in your personal statement?
Reply 5
Original post by zydon1
Did you reference psychology a lot in your personal statement?

not even once
Reply 6
Original post by Pri_1232
not even once

What we’re your predicted grades if u don’t mind me asking?
Original post by DaliMD
What we’re your predicted grades if u don’t mind me asking?

You also considering it? Honestly, I really want to do this course. Like if I don't get an offer, I'll be so frustrated. I did my A-Levels this year and got A*A*A but in Economics, Business and Media. I got 8 in GCSE Maths and 7 in Eng Language, but generally my GCSEs were mainly 7s and 6s.

Idk what my chances are really due to the overlap of Business and Econ
Reply 8
Original post by gregregregreg
You also considering it? Honestly, I really want to do this course. Like if I don't get an offer, I'll be so frustrated. I did my A-Levels this year and got A*A*A but in Economics, Business and Media. I got 8 in GCSE Maths and 7 in Eng Language, but generally my GCSEs were mainly 7s and 6s.

Idk what my chances are really due to the overlap of Business and Econ

Yes, I've actually already applied :smile:. Low-key, I'm considering it over Economics at LSE (assuming I even get an offer from there, that is)
I know with EPP, you have the option of taking modules from the Business School, so that overlap is there as well, (if you're concerned about relevancy of your personal statement)
Original post by DaliMD
Yes, I've actually already applied :smile:. Low-key, I'm considering it over Economics at LSE (assuming I even get an offer from there, that is)
I know with EPP, you have the option of taking modules from the Business School, so that overlap is there as well, (if you're concerned about relevancy of your personal statement)

What are your stats if you don't mind? The overlap is mostly about how some admissions teams view the overlap as an issue with students taking both, as it means you're likely to do better in both.
Reply 10
What are your stats if you don't mind? The overlap is mostly about how some admissions teams view the overlap as an issue with students taking both, as it means you're likely to do better in both.

My daughter has applied to Warwick EPP also, and attended the open day recently. The admin/coordinator for the course said that they expect to start issuing offers from December onwards. You therefore need to sit tight a while longer I'm afraid. Her stats are A*A*A* predicted, and at GCSE, a bunch of 9s and and a few 7,8,6. She is also doing an EPQ, but not sure if that is taken into account at Warwick. Best of luck.
Original post by lalexm
My daughter has applied to Warwick EPP also, and attended the open day recently. The admin/coordinator for the course said that they expect to start issuing offers from December onwards. You therefore need to sit tight a while longer I'm afraid. Her stats are A*A*A* predicted, and at GCSE, a bunch of 9s and and a few 7,8,6. She is also doing an EPQ, but not sure if that is taken into account at Warwick. Best of luck.

Cheers, I didn't know parents were on here, I've got no chance then lol
Reply 12
Cheers, I didn't know parents were on here, I've got no chance then lol

Not sure about that, as A*A*A achieved is probably just as good, or even better than A*A*A* predicted. I would be surprised if you did not get an offer.
Reply 13

I do IB, so I'm predicted 43/45 points (basically A*A*A*A).
Reply 14
For those that have not submitted their application yet, to be considered for EPP, your personal statement will need to include at least 2 of the 3 EPP subjects. This was according to one of the EPP course leaders at a recent Warwick open day. They added that it does not matter which 2.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by lalexm
For those that have not submitted their application yet, to be considered for EPP, your personal statement will need to include at least 2 of the 3 EPP subjects. This was according to one of the EPP course leaders at a recent Warwick open day. They added that it does not matter which 2.

Oh no… for my entire personal statement I focused on Economics and a tad bit of finance, but mainly behavioural economics (which is one of the pathways). Do you reckon I still have a chance? Predicted A* for Econ psych maths and EPQ
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #2
Oh no… for my entire personal statement I focused on Economics and a tad bit of finance, but mainly behavioural economics (which is one of the pathways). Do you reckon I still have a chance? Predicted A* for Econ psych maths and EPQ

I think you should be fine as behavioural economics is economics and psychology combined. By talking about it you are covering 2 of the 3 subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest