The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official University of Warwick 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Warwick for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room

Offer holders spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/187Mt6LJdfZt2ilL4XcMtCW-y-DzOUtuwVyAoG2FQB94/edit?usp=sharing
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi!
course: biochemistry + placement year
studying: biology, chemistry, psychology + EPQ
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Course: Maths
Studying: maths, fm, physics + epq

Attended open day few weeks ago and loved it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Course - Politics and International studies
Subjects/Grades - Economics, Sociology, Politics (A*A*A)
Other Unis - Cambridge, LSE, UCL and SOAS
Why Warwick? - I went to the open day and loved the vibe tbh, they are ranked highly in league tables for Politics, Its not too far from home if I wanted to come back and their course structure is my actual dream so...

Anyone know when offers/rejections may come thru???
Biochemistry
a levels Chemistry Biology Maths and EPQ
Predicted AAA and don’t know re EPQ predicted
Why Warwick - visited today and absolutely loved the campus and course
(edited 1 year ago)
just received an offer for biochemistry with a placement year!
Original post by Anonymous
just received an offer for biochemistry with a placement year!

Wow. Do you mind me asking are you U.K. or international, predicted or achieved and were you way over the advertised grade?? Congrats - so nice to get one in the bag. Hope I get mine soon 😎
Original post by Maddie57
Wow. Do you mind me asking are you U.K. or international, predicted or achieved and were you way over the advertised grade?? Congrats - so nice to get one in the bag. Hope I get mine soon 😎

thank you, im so happy! i think i have spoken to you on other uni forums aswell, its nice having another biochem applicant
I am from a state school in the UK and I am predicted A*A*A + A in epq, I have also applied to exeter, bath, Southampton and york and these grades range from AAA-AAB. Warwick actually had the lowest entry for me (ABB) and so i am quite far over the entry requirements
Warwick is the first offer I have got and i sent my application around 2 weeks ago, so you have nothing to worry about and you will defo hear back soon! if you have any other questions about my application feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by sophhhlx
thank you, im so happy! i think i have spoken to you on other uni forums aswell, its nice having another biochem applicant
I am from a state school in the UK and I am predicted A*A*A + A in epq, I have also applied to exeter, bath, Southampton and york and these grades range from AAA-AAB. Warwick actually had the lowest entry for me (ABB) and so i am quite far over the entry requirements
Warwick is the first offer I have got and i sent my application around 2 weeks ago, so you have nothing to worry about and you will defo hear back soon! if you have any other questions about my application feel free to ask :smile:

Sorry I remember now! Yes Warwick has the lowest hence I expect a lot will apply. I’ve not got a predicted for my Epq yet, but am AAA. I think like a lot of unis when you’re way over the grades advertised you’ll get offers earlier. Do you have a fave? I’m Warwick Birmingham Notts Bath and Exeter. I think I need to check our offer holder days as I’m still very undecided. Well done again. Fab predicted and fab to have an offer. I sent mine off just over a week ago. I’m also state school.
(edited 1 year ago)
I applied for chemistry on the 16th, any ideas on how long they'll take?
A*A*A* bio, chem and maths. A bit worried that I've written a shocker of a personal statement though.
Course: Maths and stats
A levels: maths, further maths, chem (predicted 3A*)
Why Warwick: modules and course structure are perfect, liked it at the open day and love the area!
Hi! I've received an offer from Warwick for BSc Management. I am an international student and was predicted 5A*s in Economics, Maths, Politics, Psychology and English Lit & Lang.
Original post by Shiven Chambial
Hi! I've received an offer from Warwick for BSc Management. I am an international student and was predicted 5A*s in Economics, Maths, Politics, Psychology and English Lit & Lang.

WOW! Congrats!
Reply 13
Original post by Shiven Chambial

congrats! can i ask, when did you apply?
Original post by Tescosman123
I applied for chemistry on the 16th, any ideas on how long they'll take?
A*A*A* bio, chem and maths. A bit worried that I've written a shocker of a personal statement though.

Funny! I’ve been worrying too that I’ve messed up my PS - it was checked by school many times but still I worry!! It’ll be ok. With those predicteds you’ll be fine.
Reply 15
Original post by Flo2204
Course: Maths and stats
A levels: maths, further maths, chem (predicted 3A*)
Why Warwick: modules and course structure are perfect, liked it at the open day and love the area!

Applied for Data Science. International Student so not A levels. Hope the wait not too long.

Applied for similar courses at KCL, LSE, Manchester, Edinburgh
(edited 1 year ago)
Sorry I remember now! Yes Warwick has the lowest hence I expect a lot will apply. I’ve not got a predicted for my Epq yet, but am AAA. I think like a lot of unis when you’re way over the grades advertised you’ll get offers earlier. Do you have a fave? I’m Warwick Birmingham Notts Bath and Exeter. I think I need to check our offer holder days as I’m still very undecided. Well done again. Fab predicted and fab to have an offer. I sent mine off just over a week ago. I’m also state school.

thank you so much! and warwick is my favourite at the moment with york being my second favourite, whats your top choice at the moment?
good luck with your application, you will defo hear back soon!!
Reply 17
Hi all!

I received an offer to study English last week! My A-levels are English Lit, History and Drama
Original post by Anonymous
thank you so much! and warwick is my favourite at the moment with york being my second favourite, whats your top choice at the moment?
good luck with your application, you will defo hear back soon!!

I visited Warwick today and fell in love! I don’t know now. Was bath Exeter and Birmingham but now I’m so confused, need to wait for offers and the revisit and work it out. Loved the campus and the course.
I visited Warwick today and fell in love! I don’t know now. Was bath Exeter and Birmingham but now I’m so confused, need to wait for offers and the revisit and work it out. Loved the campus and the course.

A visit to Warwick over my summer break also made me fall in love with the campus, and caused me to adjust my personal rankings of university choices. Of course it depends on what offers we all get and we shouldn't be too fixated on our own rankings but I was very impressed but how modern and how many facilities the university is providing students. They must be doing something very right to get the funding to build and re-build. I boulder-climb and when I saw the sports complex, my jaw dropped! I hope the choice of my course is as great as the facilities of the university!

Quick Reply

Latest