The Student Room Group

A-level Requirements

Do some colleges make exceptions on GCSE grades? For example I want to take A-level Chem but I need a 6 in maths. I'm currently working at about a grade 5. I'm pretty confident with the other requirements for the A-level as well. Does anyone know if any colleges would more lenient with GCSEs?
(edited 1 year ago)
I think the requirements are put in place to make sure your a level journey runs smoothly and you don’t find it too difficult. I do chemistry myself and there’s insane amounts of calculations I’d say for you to have a grade 7 minimum to make your life easier, I think if you’re really determined to do chem then you’ve got to put incredible amounts of effort, I’d advice you to work harder on maths rn because honestly chem is really difficult even for the brightest students. Best of luck!
Original post by yasmins06
Do some colleges make exceptions on GCSE grades? For example I want to take A-level Chem but I need a 6 in maths. I'm currently working at about a grade 5. I'm pretty confident with the other requirements for the A-level as well. Does anyone know if any colleges would more lenient with GCSEs?

Heya!
I would recommend talking to the college. Usually, entry requirements are a must but you can talk to them and ask them :h: Maths is all about practice, if it helps, Study mind has lots of free resources you can use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest