The Student Room Group

Help chemistry organic

Help! I don’t know which other 2 there areIMG_2150.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)
A triangle but with an ethyl group rather than 2 methyl groups?
Trying to think of another one..
Ooh just thought of the other one - a triangle but with 2 methyl groups coming off the same carbon
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Ooh just thought of the other one - a triangle but with 2 methyl groups coming off the same carbon

Ohhh thanks!!
also can u help with this plz
IMG_2151.jpeg
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Ohhh thanks!!
also can u help with this plz
IMG_2151.jpeg

Yep so basically an acyl chloride has an oxygen and a chlorine group on the end right? But 1 has the oxygen atom sandwiched between 2 carbons, so cannot have been from an acyl chloride as the oxygen is not on the end? Tell me of this makes zero sense and I'll try to think of another way to say it!
Yep so basically an acyl chloride has an oxygen and a chlorine group on the end right? But 1 has the oxygen atom sandwiched between 2 carbons, so cannot have been from an acyl chloride as the oxygen is not on the end? Tell me of this makes zero sense and I'll try to think of another way to say it!

Ohh I see thanks! Can u plz respond to my other chemistry threads no one’s helping and I’ve got my finals soon 😭😭😭
You’re sooo good at chem btw
(edited 1 year ago)
Ohh I see thanks! Can u plz respond to my other chemistry threads no one’s helping and I’ve got my finals soon 😭😭😭
You’re sooo good at chem btw

Yep, could you possibly send the link to the threads you want answering?
Help! I don’t know which other 2 there areIMG_2150.jpeg

dimethylcyclopropane also has EZ isomers
Original post by charco
dimethylcyclopropane also has EZ isomers

But there's no double bond?
But there's no double bond?

matters not - there is no rotation about the C-C single bond, as it is part of an alicycle.

Quick Reply

Latest