The Student Room Group

A-level 1 year intensive course

Hi basically i was interested in taking the alevel 1 year intensive course, i graduated from school in 2022 with physics, chemistry and biology as my alevels but i got CDD and realised medicine was never my interest and i took a gap year and wanted to apply for the one year alevel course but for film studies, media studies and business studies but i wanted to ask if it will even be possible to do all these three subjects in one year at a private college considering if i dont work or do anything and just focus on these subjects?
(edited 1 year ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by abbas.om004
Hi basically i was interested in taking the alevel 1 year intensive course, i graduated from school in 2022 with physics, chemistry and biology as my alevels but i got CDD and realised medicine was never my interest and i took a gap year and wanted to apply for the one year alevel course but for film studies, media studies and business studies but i wanted to ask if it will even be possible to do all these three subjects in one year at a private college considering if i dont work or do anything and just focus on these subjects?

Private colleges wouldn't offer it if they thought teaching it would be impossible. Of course they are revenue driven so they will be happy to take your £ but won't want to risk developing a poor reputation if it was totally impossible. They typically are successful helping candidates fast track retake exams and maybe 1 new subject rather than teaching 3 whole new subjects. Personally I'd say it is unrealistic to think you can do it, complete all of the study and related NEA and achieve good grades without any background in those subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest