The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Name: Laura Course: International tourism management

Hi, I'm Laura! I started University in 2022 and I'm about to start my second year studying International Tourism Management in University of Lincoln. I am originally from Lithuania and moved to UK, Watford about 4 years ago with my family. Moving to Lincoln from Watford was quite a big move as it's almost 3 hours away, but I got used to it just fine by trying to make the most out of given university opportunities and making a lot of new connections. University of Lincoln was my firm choice for many different reasons- the train station was very close to a lot of accommodations(it's basically walking distance), I liked how the university buildings and first year accommodations are all very close and walking distance as well as the shops and high street are not too far as well and the most was the cathedral, anywhere you'll go in Lincoln, you will always see it. The Student Ambassador job is also a perfect opportunity to join as it has a flexible schedule, different roles and you pick when you want to work, which is why I'm so pleased I joined it! After university I'm looking forward to start working full-time, not sure which area working in yet. I will be very sad to leave the University of Lincoln, however I'm making the most out of it now. I'm here to answer any type of question that you may have and help you!
Reply 1
Hi,

I will also pursue international tourism management in london, I would like to ask if the program is okay? I am aware that this is not a demanding course however is the education at this industry is okay? Also, may you provide any tips at all in starting this program?

Thank you so much!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by cleo080895
Hi,

I will also pursue international tourism management in london, I would like to ask if the program is okay? I am aware that this is not a demanding course however is the education at this industry is okay? Also, may you provide any tips at all in starting this program?

Thank you so much!

Hello @cleo080895, hope you're keeping well. I've just finished my first year so I can give my insight. The course itself,the modules should be similar in most universities since you're thinking of studying in London and I am studying in Lincoln. The course itself is brilliant since you have the word management in the course name this means that you will get the basic modules for management such as business or marketing( at least it was like that in my first year). Business one is not the most likeable but very good! The first year of university is mostly focused on more management type of modules and a bit of tourism,the following years you get more tourism related modules. However don't be scared about the demand because after finishing this degree you can either choose your career in tourism industry or since again as mentioned got the word management you can become a manager, do something with marketing or even events or business since you have the basic knowledge of it! A lot of people get scared when they hear the title. And don't you worry, tourism is getting back on their toes and there's so many things you can go into tourism related!

I hope this helps,
if you got any other questions,ask and I'll answer. No question is too silly!
Laura 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest