The Student Room Group

BTEC university's

What University's in Europe accept BTEC

Im currently taking Spanish A level , double BTEC business diploma and travel and tourism .
I would like to study within business but still not sure what it is I want to study within the degree of business .
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by rebbe373
What University's in Europe accept BTEC

Im currently taking Spanish A level , double BTEC business diploma and travel and tourism .
I would like to study within business but still not sure what it is I want to study within the degree of business .

When you say "in Europe" are you specifically meaning "excluding the UK" (because you mean the European Union) or are you including the UK as being "In Europe" because it is the geographical sense?

Also, when you say that you are studying "double BTEC business diploma and travel and tourism", can I confirm that you mean you are studying two separate BTECs (not a "double BTEC"), where one of them is a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Business and the other is a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Travel and Tourism. I only ask I've never heard of the concept of a "double BTEC" and there's no occurrence of that term on the Pearson web site.

A Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma is the equivalent of two A levels, and you are taking two of them - in addition to taking A level Spanish. So you're taking the equivalent of five A levels. Have I got that right? Or are you two BTECs Extended Certificates (worth one A level each) rather than BTEC Diplomas?
Reply 2
Yes , sorry I did not elaborate on what I meant on Europe as well as the proper name for the qualification . I was meant to say Europe as in excluding the UK , Pearson BTEC Level 3 international Diploma in Business , Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Travel and Tourism and A level Spanish .

Pearson BTEC Level 3 international Diploma in Business is = 2 A - level's
Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Travel and Tourism is = an A - level

With what i'm taking now it would be equivalent to 4 A levels
Original post by DataVenia
When you say "in Europe" are you specifically meaning "excluding the UK" (because you mean the European Union) or are you including the UK as being "In Europe" because it is the geographical sense?

Also, when you say that you are studying "double BTEC business diploma and travel and tourism", can I confirm that you mean you are studying two separate BTECs (not a "double BTEC"), where one of them is a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Business and the other is a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Travel and Tourism. I only ask I've never heard of the concept of a "double BTEC" and there's no occurrence of that term on the Pearson web site.

A Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma is the equivalent of two A levels, and you are taking two of them - in addition to taking A level Spanish. So you're taking the equivalent of five A levels. Have I got that right? Or are you two BTECs Extended Certificates (worth one A level each) rather than BTEC Diplomas?
Original post by rebbe373
Yes , sorry I did not elaborate on what I meant on Europe as well as the proper name for the qualification . I was meant to say Europe as in excluding the UK , Pearson BTEC Level 3 international Diploma in Business , Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Travel and Tourism and A level Spanish .

Pearson BTEC Level 3 international Diploma in Business is = 2 A - level's
Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Travel and Tourism is = an A - level

With what i'm taking now it would be equivalent to 4 A levels

Understood; thanks for the clarifications.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the use of BTEC qualifications to gain entry to universities in Europe (excluding the UK), so can't help.

Hopefully the additional information you have now provided will help somebody else provide some useful advice.
Original post by Oracle89
Hi! I can help you make an application to study Business and Management with Foundation Year at Bath Spa University. They would accept you for a 2024 start and with your qualifications. They also provide a weekend study mode if thats best suited to you and at multiple campuses such as London, Birmingham, Manchester etc… If you’d like more information on the course and assistance on making an application, send me a message and I can help you with this :smile:

The user specifically said "Europe as in excluding the UK", which rules out Bath Spa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending